Sinclair Tractor Service Technician in West Liberty, Iowa
At * Sinclair Tractor*, we pride ourselves on being the destination in Southeast Iowa for agricultural equipment, precision farming, agronomic decision support, NAPA parts and computers. With thirteen John Deere dealerships, five NAPA parts locations and a computer service location, we are looking for motivated and talented people to join our team.
Do you have a love for AG equipment? Do you enjoy working on equipment and sharing your knowledge with other to help them with their equipment needs?
Sinclair Tractoris looking for an experienced * _SERVICE TECHNICIAN_*to join their West Liberty, IA location. The Service Technician independently performs basic/complex diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned agricultural equipment/outdoor power equipment.
The desired candidate is passionate about growth, innovation and collaboration. We are constantly striving to improve and better ourselves so that we can better support our clients. If you have a growth mindset and you thrive under pressure, you are probably a great fit for our team!
Experience and Skills:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs basic/complex agricultural equipment/outdoor power equipment diagnostics and determines what repairs are needed, if required.
- Performs basic/complex agricultural equipment/outdoor power equipment repairs as requested by the Service Manager/Shop Foreman.
- Participates in all job-related training and development.
- Prepares all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments.
- Maintains current product knowledge of John Deere and competitive products.
- Maintains condition of vehicles, inventory, tools, and equipment.
- Mentors Service Technician Apprentices and junior Service Technicians.
The above statements cover what are generally believed to be the principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates Degree in automotive technician or equivalent experience
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Proven knowledge of methods, materials, tools, and techniques used in the repair of outdoor power equipment/agricultural equipment
- Outstanding knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems
- Excellent skills in operating vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
- Ability to work varying shifts, weekends, extended hours, and holidays
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license with an insurable driving record
- Must have basic knowledge of equipment safety procedures
- All weather conditions
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds
- Work shop setting
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Repetitive bending and/or kneeling
- Minimal travel to and from job sites.
Job Tracking ID: 512388-752071
Job Location: West Liberty, IA
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Level of Education: High School/GED
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: December 02, 2020
Years of Experience: 2 - 5 Years
Starting Date: ASAP