NewWave HQ Sr. Principal Backup Administrator in West Des Moines, Iowa
NewWave is an information technology company helping businesses and government agencies modernize and thrive by applying the power of technology. NewWave began making a mark in the federal healthcare space in 2004, where we continue to actively modernize systems to improve healthcare’s value for millions of Americans. Since then, our work has expanded across various sectors and industries, where we help our customers stay ahead of the new and make the world in which we live, better.
This position is responsible for providing Infrastructure backup support across the organization and in support multiple IT projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate within the Infrastructure department(s) which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following tasks:
• Set up backup environment, set schedules, policies and encryption.
• Manages Daily and Weekly Backups using IBM Spectrum Protect.
• Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
• Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
• Sets up administrator and service accounts.
• Maintains system documentation
• Interacts with users, team-members, and architects to evaluates vendor products.
• Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
• Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
• May program in an administrative language.
• Oversees implementation of testing strategies and documentation of results.
• Provides advice and training to end-users.
• Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
• Serves as a technical team or task leader.
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
• Participates in special projects as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
• 10-15 years of related system administration experience.
• Experience with Large Backup systems.
• Experience with IBM Spectrum Protect (TSM)
• Has worked with NDMP snapshot backups from SAN.
• Experience with AWS and Azure.
• Experience with Continuous Integration and building test automation frameworks
• Experience with snapshots creation and restoration.
• Experience setting up Compression and Deduplication
• GPFS knowledge and experience
• Knowledge of ZFS appliance.
• Knowledge of system principles, methods, and techniques.
• Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment.
• Professional certification in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment.
• SOBAR and Backup Exec technologies
• Ability to work in a team environment and have sound judgment.
• Attention to detail, quick learner, have a positive attitude, ability to multi-task, self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Maintain the highest degree of quality, completeness and accuracy of data analysis.
• Maintain the completeness, timeliness and accuracy of all deliverables.
• Be able to perform the analysis as defined with specific Medicare laws, regulations, manuals, instructions and any additional information assigned by management.
• Must possess excellent critical thinking skills, reading and interpretation, writing, and communication skills.
• Understanding and wide application of methodology and subject matter related concepts, practices, standards and procedures with a general knowledge of other related business disciplines.
• Works with limited supervision.
• AWS Certified DevOps Engineer.
• Knowledge of government security architecture and/or secure coding practices.
• Knowledge of containers and hands-on experience with container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS and AWS EKS
- Must have lived in the United States at least 3 out of the last 5 years.
Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and organizational skills - must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
Facts and data oriented.
Deadline and closure oriented.
Strong persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills.
Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross functional teams including senior level individuals.
Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture.
NewWave is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. NewWave is a proud Veteran friendly employer.
Street: 1501 50th Street