Hy-Vee Food Stores Software Engineer-Point of Sale - Full Time in West Des Moines, Iowa
Software Engineer - Point of Sale
We’re looking for geniuses. Dreamers. Inventors. Innovators. People with the will to get stuff done. Doers who’ll rip an idea out of thin air. Make it a reality. Own it.And amaze their peers. Sound like you? Welcome home.
As a Software Engineer , you will be a member of the Hy-Vee Point of Sale delivery team following an agile delivery cadence. Your primary focus is to help us make data and system integration within the Hy-Vee ecosystem secure, highly scalable, and predictable. You will work in a hybrid cloud environment helping to build our core platform infrastructure that hundreds of client applications will consume. We are looking for people who can not only be great individual contributors, but also pair program and mentor other engineers.
• Enable system integration that also helps achieve a great developer experience
• Pair with other team members to cross-pollinate ideas and skills
• Champion code quality, maintainability, and reliability
• Find and address performance issues
• Take features from conception to final production deployment
• Contribute heavily to user story definition that takes our technology stack into consideration, but also continue to push the bounds of what is possible
• Production experience implementing RESTful APIs
• Production experience with a variety of data storage systems such as PostgreSQL, Mongo, and Elasticsearch
• Production experience with GKE and Openshift
• Production experience with Spring Framework
• Demonstrable grasp of software design patterns such as Singleton and Facade
• Demonstrable grasp of logical data modeling techniques (ex. entity relationship diagrams)
• Strong understanding of event-oriented software architectures
• Strong understanding of test driven design and general automation
A Strong Candidate Will Also Have:
• Experience with point of sale systems and software
• Experience with using CI/CD technologies such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Travis CI, and Drone
• Production experience with OAuth and Identity Provider integration
• Demonstrable knowledge of secure programming techniques
• Experience building cloud-native applications (Docker, Docker-Compose, Kubernetes.)
• Experience with Google Cloud GKE, PubSub, SQL, and KMS
About Hy-Vee, Inc.
Hy-Vee, Inc. is an employee-owned corporation operating more than 245 retail stores across eight Midwestern states with sales of $10 billion annually. The supermarket chain is synonymous with quality, variety, convenience, healthy lifestyles, culinary expertise and superior customer service. Hy-Vee ranks in the Top 10 Most Trusted Brands and has been named one of America’s Top 5 favorite grocery stores. The company’s more than 80,000 employees provide “A Helpful Smile in Every Aisle” to customers every day.
Visit email@example.com to apply or https://innovate.hy-vee.com to learn about all the exciting things our IT organization does!