Hy-Vee Food Stores Software Engineer-E-Commerce - Full Time in West Des Moines, Iowa
Software Engineer, E-Commerce
We’re looking for geniuses. Dreamers. Inventors. Innovators. People with the will to get stuff done. Doers who’ll rip an idea out of thin air. Make it a reality. Own it.And amaze their peers. Sound like you? Welcome home.
As an e-commerce Software Engineer at Hy-Vee, you will be a member of the Hy-Vee Aisles Online team delivering software to our customers. The Aisles Online product team is responsible for all digital customer Aisles Online services, serving millions of customers. We are building the next generation of our e-commerce platform, helping us to serve our customers and make their lives easier.
Your primary focus is to help us build a highly interactive e-commerce experience that solves real problems for our customers, and drives revenue to the product. Front-end focused engineers will work with UX designers and will have important input on our UX strategy. Back-end focused engineers will help us make data and system integration within the e-commerce ecosystem secure, highly scalable, and predictable. You will work in a hybrid cloud environment helping to build our core platform infrastructure for all e-commerce activity at Hy-Vee. We are looking for people who can not only be great individual contributors, but also pair program and mentor other engineers.
• Work as a member of a cross functional agile team focused building great user interfaces
• Create reusable components that are shared across many applications
• Pair with other team members to cross-pollinate ideas and skills
• Champion code quality, maintainability, and reliability
• Find and address performance issues
• Take features from conception to final production deployment
• Contribute heavily to user story definition that takes our technology stack into consideration, but also continue to push the bounds of what is possible
• Production experience using RESTful APIs
• Demonstrable grasp of software design patterns such as Singleton and Facade
• Strong understanding of front end software architectures such as Flux and MVC
A STRONG CANDIDATE WILL ALSO HAVE:
• Experience with using CI/CD technologies such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Travis CI, and Drone
• Degree level qualifications in a technical related subject
• Experience with Node.js
• Experience building cloud-native applications (kubernetes, docker swarm, etc)
• Experience with test driven design and general automation
may be filled at a lower or higher level depending on experience.*
About Hy-Vee, Inc.
Hy-Vee, Inc. is an employee-owned corporation operating more than 245 retail stores across eight Midwestern states with sales of $10 billion annually. The supermarket chain is synonymous with quality, variety, convenience, healthy lifestyles, culinary expertise and superior customer service. Hy-Vee ranks in the Top 10 Most Trusted Brands and has been named one of America’s Top 5 favorite grocery stores. The company’s more than 80,000 employees provide “A Helpful Smile in Every Aisle” to customers every day.
Visit firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or https://innovate.hy-vee.com to learn about all the exciting things our IT organization does!