Hy-Vee Food Stores QA Engineer-Accounts Payable - Full Time in West Des Moines, Iowa
QA Engineer - Accounts Payable
We’re looking for geniuses. Dreamers. Inventors. Innovators. People with the will to get stuff done. Doers who’ll rip an idea out of thin air. Make it a reality. Own it.And amaze their peers. Sound like you? Welcome home.
As the QA Engineer you will be contributing in the delivery of Hy-Vee’s accounts payable systems, supporting Hy-Vee and its customers. Our QA engineers at Hy-Vee are responsible for testing all code changes to make sure there are no bugs and that they solve the intended problem. We strive to automate all testing scenarios in an effort to save time and money, and allow us to release code to customers daily, with confidence. In this role, you will work closely with all members of the delivery team and our customers to deliver solutions in a timely manner.
• Work as a member of a cross functional agile team to ensure that quality is a first class focus during every delivery cycle
• Design, develop, and support automated testing suites
• Mentor team members on test automation
• Enable continuous delivery of features
• Proactively bring issues and problems to the attention of the team
• Be organized and detail oriented
• Work closely with software engineers and product owners to ensure that all scenarios for a given feature set are properly defined and well understood
• Have the drive to become an expert in emerging test automation technologies
• Be able to clearly and concisely capture defects and communicate the criticality of each identified issue with the team and management
• Encourage a strong desire to automate all repetitive and repeatable testing activities
• Multiple years of experience in QA automation tooling
• Demonstrable knowledge of QA processes and their application in an agile delivery environment
• Experience in implementing, executing, and monitoring automated test suites using various technologies including, but not limited to, Cucumber, Selenium, FitNesse, Watir
• Experience with using CI/CD technologies such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Travis CI
• Proficient with issue tracking tools such as Jira, Redmine, and Rally
•Experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL and MS SQL
• Desire to continuously learn new techniques and technologies to evolve your skillset with our technology stack
A STRONG CANDIDATE WILL ALSO HAVE:
• Experience building test infrastructures that leverage technologies such as Docker
• Testing applications deployed to cloud environments such as Google Cloud or Azure
• Experience mentoring other QAs on automation and quality initiatives
About Hy-Vee, Inc.
Hy-Vee, Inc. is an employee-owned corporation operating more than 245 retail stores across eight Midwestern states with sales of $10 billion annually. The supermarket chain is synonymous with quality, variety, convenience, healthy lifestyles, culinary expertise and superior customer service. Hy-Vee ranks in the Top 10 Most Trusted Brands and has been named one of America’s Top 5 favorite grocery stores. The company’s more than 80,000 employees provide “A Helpful Smile in Every Aisle” to customers every day.
Visit firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or https://innovate.hy-vee.com to learn about all the exciting things our IT organization does!