Anthem, Inc Proposal Develop Analyst Sr PS30161 in West Des Moines, Iowa
Proposal Develop Analyst Sr PS30161
Location: United States
Requisition #: PS30161
Post Date: Nov 08, 2019
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The Proposal Analyst Sr. is responsible for completing RFPs, including providing technical and consultative support relative to the execution of sales strategies and proposal development for large commercial and Medicare prospective and renewing accounts.
Primary duties to include, but are not limited to:
• Manages the coordination of proposal activities and responses with other operating areas such as claims processing, clinical products and services, pricing/underwriting, sales/account management, home delivery, specialty pharmacy and retail pharmacy networks assuring their components come together as a seamless response to the Request For Proposal (RFP).
• Responds to detailed RFP specifications including questionnaires and case-specific requests in a manner which expounds upon the business units’ capabilities with respect to product design, pharmacy benefit programs, financial strategies, etc.
• Develops and delivers large account proposals ranging from moderate to complex, including responding to broker/consultant specifications and questionnaires, interpreting questionnaires, researching answers and crafting responses with the assistance of a Q&A database.
• Assesses RFP to determine completeness and compatibility with the business units products and services.
• Coordinates and participates in Strategy Meeting conference calls with sales/account management and pricing/underwriting.
• Assists with the integration of new products and services within the proposal database, including updating, rewriting and editing the various databases used in creating proposals.
Requires a BA/BS degree; 3-5 years of experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• Excellent project management, problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Highly developed skills in writing, editing, and proofreading with the ability to draft clear, persuasive copy.
• Ability to execute multiple, ongoing projects in a timely and accurate manner in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment.
• Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products.
• Health care industry knowledge.
• Familiarity with pharmacy benefit management.
• RFP experience.
• Proven win rate with large complex bid responses.
• Ability to quickly analyze RFP requirements and draft responses that are comprehensive and compliant.
• Knowledge of proposal software solutions such as RocketDocs (formerly PMAPS), Qvidian or Qorus.
• Solid foundation of skills in Microsoft Word with regard to styles and formatting.