Robert Half International Financial Analyst in West Des Moines, Iowa
Robert Half Accountemps is on the hunt for a Financial Analyst to join an expanding company in the Mortgage Companies industry. Some of your responsibilities in this role include running financial modeling on a number of financial products and measuring, analyzing, and forecasting performance in conjunction with operating plans. You will also be responsible for advising management on the allocation of resources to best complete objectives and preparing reports for management. You will be a part of a dynamic team being a key business partner in areas such as forecasting, performance reporting, and expense management.
• Work with Accounting on the monthly and quarterly financial close process
• Power monthly reporting to business partners on financial results and actions required
• Contribute to weekly, quarterly and annual Area/Segment level Bookings and P&L forecasting
• Pilot the strategy and business planning process
• Work next to senior executives on long-term deep dives by developing financial models and insights on topics such as: Retention forecasts, Campaign Planning & Tracking, return on investment of strategic investments, event tracking and execution, strategic resource allocation, and prioritization
• Analyze performance to date and assess potential risks and opportunities
• Become competent in and apply econometric and statistical methods to forecasting
• Deliver analytical support during New Year readiness/Year End planning cycle
• Facilitate effective Business Intelligence (BI) to provide forward-looking insight and decision support
• Understand and communicate internal and external drivers impacting performance and trending
• Support contacts in Accounting, Recruiting, People and Operations to execute business plans
• Track monthly and quarterly performance through comparison of actuals versus expectations and enable business partners to handle their resources in the best way possible
Become embedded within the Marketing and Customer Success organizations. Establish trust and quickly understand the key drivers of the business, economic trends and core metrics
• BA/BS degree from a top-tier university with strong academic performance
• Skills in problem solving through statistical analysis or with large data sets highly desired (such as in derivatives, structured finance, or business analytics or in a similarly demanding and analytical role)
• Excellent Microsoft Excel and computer skills (prior experience programming a big plus)
• Hyperion systems Essbase/Smartview experience a plus
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• 2+ years of experience in a highly quantitative role
• Excellent written, verbal and social communication skills
• Command of MS Outlook
• Microsoft Excel experience desired
• Microsoft Word experience
• Foundational knowledge in mortgage processing
• Proven knowledge of billing
• Mortgages experience
• Outstanding communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and ability to build as well as deliver effective presentations
• Prior experience at a top investment bank is desirable
For quick consideration, please call Alex Anderson at 515-221-2300
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. From accounting clerks and bookeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we provide you with access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.490.3195 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/accountemps to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Salary: $15.00 - $17.00 / Hourly
Location: West Des Moines, IA
Date Posted: July 31, 2020
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 01502-9502641887
Staffing Area: Temporary Accounting u0026 Finance
Robert Half International
- Robert Half International Jobs