Wells Fargo Credit Risk Initiative Consultant (Consumer Credit Sr Assoc) in West Des Moines, Iowa
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
As the company's second line of defense, Corporate Risk — or Independent Risk Management — provides independent oversight of risk-taking activities. Independent Risk Management establishes and maintains Wells Fargo's risk management program and provides oversight, including challenges to and independent assessment of, the frontline's execution of its risk management responsibilities. We manage risk according to the Risk Management Framework (https://portal.teamworks.wellsfargo.net/rc/CorporateRisk/Pages/riskmgmtfrmwk.aspx) and ensure all employees understand their individual accountability for managing risk.
The Credit Risk Initiative Consultant will proactively work closely with Auto Credit Risk Management leaders and key business partners including operational risk, legal, informational technology, and others to help manage and drive a portfolio of Credit Risk initiatives and programs. Specifically, working collaboratively with Auto Credit Risk Management leadership, support initiative oversight, tracking and reporting throughout all phases of Auto Credit Risk Management programs/initiatives.
The Credit Risk Initiative Consultant is responsible for leading, developing and implementing strategic initiatives and processes to drive the company credit culture, appetite, and business performance. Applies strong subject matter knowledge to serve as an authority and credible challenge to corporate and/or line of business management regarding credit performance, potential or emerging risks, and business conformity with risk appetite, credit culture, and policies. Creates and analyzes reports. Presents findings to management and provides input into decision-making. Ensures conformity with risk appetite and culture. Partners with line of business to ensure appropriate credit policies. Manages complex processes and projects, and/or serves as a team member on complex projects/initiatives. Consults and implements initiatives with moderate to high risk. Internal interface with business regarding risk management.
Specific role responsibilities include (not limited to):
• Lead responsibility for Credit Risk initiative management, audit/exam report development, data gathering, and communication.
• Work with Credit Risk management to obtain resources, influence outcomes, address conflict, and ensure initiative alignment with Wells Fargo Auto and Corporate Risk strategies/policies, as well as business line objectives.
• Provide leadership prioritization, monitoring and management of a portfolio of numerous Credit Risk audits/exams activities with varying levels of complexity, risk, duration and prioritization.
• Drive teams to develop detailed action plans to meet committed deliverables and timelines, in alignment with milestones and overall initiative plan requirements.
• Ensures initiative plans/programs adhere to appropriate Credit Risk policies and regulations.
• Has subject matter expertise or the aptitude to research initiatives and leverage tools and knowledge to develop Credit Risk expertise.
• Oversee end to end execution of Shared Risk Platform (SHRP) issues and corrective actions according to submitted action plans, including validation activities.
• Support the strategic program of work initiatives in Auto Credit Risk and build/distribute reporting that clearly communicates initiatives progress and next steps across all levels of the organization
• Lead Credit Risk end-to-end audits and exams activities
• Execute initiative management processes and deliverables, including project tracking, internal reporting, and Board, Enterprise, and regulator reporting.
• Partner with variety of stakeholders at various levels within Wells Fargo to socialize status, escalate issues and drive decisions needed.
• Interface with senior leaders across the Enterprise, Corporate, and Auto, regulators and internal auditors
• Partnering with senior Credit Risk leaders to manage the key initiatives and support business capabilities through the current state, strategic plans and target state
5+ years of experience in risk role
5 + years of experience in one or a combination of the following: strategic planning, initiative management or project management
Credit risk experience
Change management experience
Experience delivering results in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
Knowledge and understanding of audit, regulatory compliance, or risk management
Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
Knowledge and understanding of auto lending practices, policies, and procedures
Strong presentation skills
Knowledge and understanding of Shared Risk Platform (SHRP) such as reporting and issue management
Ability to influence executive decision-making and successfully negotiate critical issue resolution related to program initiatives
Ability to manage initiatives including: detailed planning, process management, and documentation
Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Ability to exercise independent judgment to identify and resolve problems
Other Desired Qualifications
Knowledge and understanding of Wells Fargo internal audits and exams processes
Experience providing support for regulatory activities
Intermediate or higher level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including MS Project, Excel, and PowerPoint
PMP/Six Sigma/Agile Certification
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
AZ-Chandler: 2700 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
AZ-PHX-Central Phoenix: 100 W Washington St - Phoenix, AZ
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: 2222 W Rose Garden Ln - Phoenix, AZ
IA-Des Moines: 206 8th St - DES MOINES, IA
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
NC-Charlotte: 128 South Tryon Street - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
SC-Fort Mill: 3480 State View Blvd - Fort Mill, SC
TX-DAL-Downtown Dallas: 1445 Ross Ave - Dallas, TX
TX-Irving: 250 E John Carpenter Freeway - Irving, TX
TX-Plano: 4975 Preston Park Blvd - Plano, TX
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St - New York, NY
NJ-Summit: 190 River Rd - Summit, NJ
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.
Company: Wells Fargo
Req Number: 5575363-2
Updated: 2021-05-07 01:52:46.972 UTC
Location: West Des Moines,IA
- Wells Fargo Jobs