UnityPoint Health Cardiac Sonographer I in West Des Moines, Iowa
Cardiac Sonographer I
PRN (As Needed)
West Des Moines Iowa Heart Cardiology
The Cardiac Sonographer provides diagnostic patient care services using ultrasound and related diagnostic equipment in accordance with those procedures, acts and processes permitted by law, for which the individual has received education and clinical experience and has demonstrated competency.
This position requires application of independent judgment, ingenuity, and initiative to complete the variety of technical procedures.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Performs clinical assessment and diagnostic ultrasound examinations in accordance to clinic policy and procedure.
Applies cognitive sonographic skills to identify, record, and adapt procedures as appropriate to anatomical, pathological, and diagnostic information and images.
Applies independent judgment during the sonographic exam to accurately differentiate between normal and abnormal pathologic findings.
Analyzes sonograms, processes sonographic information and medical history and communicates findings to the appropriate physician. Prepares preliminary reports and contacts the referring physician when required, according to established protocols.
Coordinates work schedule with lead and/or scheduling desk to assure workload coverage.
Assumes responsibility for the safety and the mental and physical comfort of patients while they are in the care of the sonographer.
Organizes daily work schedule and performs clerical duties with accuracy. Initiate the billing exam process.
Maintain and recognize malfunctioning equipment, perform minor troubleshooting, and initiate repair service when warranted.
Maintain active registry status.
Participates in the laboratory accreditation process.
Be aware of what is happening in clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization’s intranet site.
Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management guidelines.
Maintain compliance with Personnel policies and procedures.
Monitor environmental conditions in order to secure protected health information.
Behave in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance and HIPAA policies and procedures.
Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
Perform other duties as requested by Clinic Administrator to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.
General supervision is received from the Clinic Management
· Graduate of an accredited cardiac sonography program.
· Must be eligible to register with ARDMS/CCI and be ARDMS/CCI registry within first year of hire.
· Ability to take initiative and exercise independent judgment, decision-making
· BCLS and Mandatory Reporter certification.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Strong computer skills.
· Ability to work as a team member.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Commitment to Values:
The following behavior is expected from those employed by this organization:
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behavior IMGNOTALLOWED
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams
· Collaborate across department, facilities, business units, and regions
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work
· Accountable to our individual actions and our team performance
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality
· Have relentless focus on exceeding expectations
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities
· Have the courage to challenge the status qu
Requisition ID: 2018-49071
Street: 6000 West University Ave
Name: 9200 UnityPoint Clinic Affiliate
Name: Cardiology - Lakeview- DM
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): .01
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: PRN (As Needed
External Company Name: UnityPoint Health
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org