American Equity Agricultural Loan Analyst - Investments Department in West Des Moines, Iowa
Agricultural Loan Analyst - Investments Department
West Des Moines
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Agricultural Loan Analyst performs financial analysis, review and general credit functional work supporting the agricultural loan portfolio.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
List of major duties and responsibilities of the role, in order of priority, high to low.
• Reviews all pertinent credit and financial information of prospective agricultural loan customers; including accountant prepared financials, internal/personal financial statements tax returns and tax returns.
• Compiles reports regarding finance and credit data.
• Prepares credit analysis of new agricultural loan requests and provides the necessary documentation and financial facts to be analyzed, and evaluated and determines appropriate credit structure and terms for potential borrowers.
• Develops, maintains and expands a network of relevant internal & external relations.
• Becomes a trusted advisor to the customer.
• Assists with the development and implementation of credit procedures.
• Communicates independently with other company personnel and contacts outside the company with limited supervision.
• Works with proper stakeholders to understand quantitative and qualitative information to balance credit risk with portfolio growth.
• Monitors and maintains covenant, borrowing base and financial reporting requirements. Communicates results to appropriate associates and obtain approvals as needed.
• Ensures compliance with all laws and regulations.
• Performs ongoing analysis of customers’ financial performance and completion of any and all financial reviews.
• Performs other related work as assigned.
Direct Reports: None
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Minimum education and experience required to successfully perform the job.
Bachelor’s Degree in agricultural finance, finance, business, economics or related field; or equivalent education and/or experience.
Two (2 ) years of loan/credit analyst experience in agricultural production, agribusiness or other agricultural related field is preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATIONS:
Professional certification, license and/or professional designation required to successfully perform the job.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform the job.
• Proven competency in financial analysis, understanding the interrelationship of the balance sheet, income statement and statement of cash flow.
• Strong research, data gathering and organization skills.
• Demonstrated strong knowledge of client/prospect agriculture industry and its segments.
• Knowledge of relevant rules and regulations.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work cooperatively and successfully with employees, customers, and other outside third parties.
• Strong organizational and planning skills.
• Proficient in the use of MicroSoft Office Suite.
• Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical/operational procedures.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to successfully handle pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
This description covers the major purpose and essential functions of the job. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each task is to be performed. Employees may receive other job related instructions and be required to perform
other job related work requested by their manager. All requirements are subject to possible modification to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.