UnityPoint Health Supply Technician II - AS NEEDED in Waterloo, Iowa
Supply Tech II
AS NEEDED - Waterloo
Hours between 5:30a- 5p (Monday- Friday)
This position performs essential Supply Chain functions and has demonstrated mastery of Supply Tech I competencies. Primary focus is on replenishing supply closets (PARs) and ordering supplies for clinical departments. Uses the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system to properly order supplies, print labels, maintain PARs, replenish specialty carts and respond to stat requests.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
Ordering and PAR Maintenance
· Responsible for accurate and timely PAR counts.
· Creates accurate counts and reports irregularities – i.e. increased or decreased usage.
· Identifies and implements PAR efficiencies – i.e. quantities, organization, additions, deletions.
· Documents supply requests and communicates to Inventory Control / Management.
· Replenishes crash carts and other specialty carts maintained by supply chain.
· Inspects and processes carts appropriately.
· Prioritizes carts appropriately and communicates problems.
· Follows department process for issuing and delivering equipment.
· Monitors equipment PARs.
· Properly marks and process equipment for repair.
· Checks in and puts away inventory.
· Responsible for accurately documenting credits items back into inventory.
· Uses system resources to locate products on PARs (IC82).
· Identifies Out Of Stocks (OOS) items to the attention of Inventory Control / Management.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
High School Degree or equivalent.
Some College courses.
2+ Healthcare or inventory experience.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Attention to Detail.
Medical Product Familiarity.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2020-83794
Street: 1825 Logan Ave
Name: 2520 UnityPoint Health Allen Hospital
Name: Central Supply
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.01
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Monday- Friday, 8 Hour shifts between 5:30a and 5p
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org