VIVA USA Inc Manufacturing Engineer in Waterloo, Iowa
Req Ref No: JNIAME6477 Location: Waterloo, IA Duration: 12 months
Plans, coordinates, and performs manufacturing engineering work for a project or process. Operates in a team environment within either the enterprise product delivery process or the enterprise order fulfillment process. At this level, projects are of moderate scope and responsibility or may be a significant portion of a major and diverse project or process; decisions are made within established guidelines and may be reviewed by supervisors and/or managers. May assign, coordinate and review portions of the work for support personnel, contractors and suppliers.
MAJOR DUTIES: Description of the major duties performed in this job.
Establishes routings, methods, layouts, tools, costs, methods documentation, quality plans and labor standards for revisions to current operations and/or new parts or programs of moderate scope.
Provides support and trouble shooting for current operations. Investigates, gathers and analyze data and implement solutions.
Innovates and implements cost reduction, quality, safety and ergonomic improvement ideas of moderate scope.
Applies electronic tools across a broad range of applications, including e-builds, modeling and simulations.
Develops and implements plans to support lean manufacturing through the client Production System of moderate scope. Designs operations layouts. Improves material flow and material presentation.
Leads team studies related to capacity, energy, productivity and efficiency of moderate scope.
Leads analysis, development and implementation of new manufacturing processes and technology.
Analyzes and makes modifications to existing performance pay plans; assists in development of baseline data for new performance pay plans.
Specific Position Requirements This will be a 3rd shift (10:30 pm to 7:00 am) position with overtime likely. Position will start on 1st shift for training before moving to 3rd shift.
In this role you will:
- Provide on-site shop floor support for production critical Factory Automation solutions and equipment that require quick response to guarantee uptime and productivity.
- Be responsible for changes to control logic and software including, but not limited to: relay ladder logic, PLCs, HMIs, and PC based logic.
- Provide electrical designs within applicable standards to build new, or modify existing, production machines and systems.
- Create and maintain interfaces for communicating with shop-floor tools, PLC controls, SCADA, and MES systems
- Work with Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, Operations, and Factory Automation Leads to ensure manufacturing and standardization goals are achieved.
- Support off-shift maintenance to troubleshoot machines and systems which may include electrical and mechanical issues. Required Skills, Knowledge, and Relevant Work Experience:
- Background in Engineering (Electrical, Controls, Computer, etc.)
- A strong desire to solve problems and find solutions that drive a commitment to standardization while improving manufacturing processes and information flow
- Basic understanding of PLC and computer programming, Structured Query Language (SQL), and the engineering tools associated
- Basic understanding of electrical design and the codes, common practices, and engineering tools required
- Basic understanding of MES solutions (SAP-MES, AMES, JDAAT, Wonderware, SepaSoft, etc.)
- Basic understanding of Kepware or other OPC servers
- Basic understanding of mistake proofing concepts
- Strong communication skills to effectively interface with multiple groups
VIVA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants have an equal opportunity for placement, and all employees have an equal opportunity to develop on the job. This means that VIVA will not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.