DENSO International America, Inc. Quality Engineer in Urbandale, Iowa
- The QE Engineer will handle formal customer complaints as well as address issues brought to their attention by OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) customers, internal production areas, or suppliers.
- This person will also approve product for shipment to the customers.
- For customer and suppliers claims/complaints - create Quality Complaint Worksheet to document issues, initiate containment and review. Collaborate with customers and suppliers to investigate and define/agree responsibilities. Issue, follow up and then approve PCAR (Preventive Corrective Action Request) responses from production or suppliers to assure on time corrective actions and prevention of future claims.
- Track customer and supplier deadlines for responses due, report findings to the customer, and track PPM and other customer/suppliers specific KPI's.
- Travel to customers or suppliers will be required.
- Quick action meetings to address issues and define corrective actions.
- Daily meetings with plant leadership team.
- Daily and monthly meeting with Plant Manager to report Quality KPIs (PPM, scrape rate, customer returns, suppliers quality performance, open issues follow-up, customer specific KPIs, etc.).
- Manage supplier quality audits.
- Manage and arrange internal quality audits.
- Manage quality audits carried out by customers or for quality certification.
- Develop and maintain quality management documents and reports. Collaborate with different DENSO Plants (European plants included).
- Manage NPI (New Product Introduction) activities (project management for new products introduction, cost savings, etc.).
- Track and manage ECR (Engineering Change Requests).
- Manage PPAP submission and approval with suppliers and customers.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job you may be asked to intermittently sit, stand, walk, lift or carry component parts weighing up to 35 pounds-lifting parts in excess of 35 pounds with a lift assist, work on the production line for short periods of time, use hands to handle or feel parts, reach with hand and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear, use close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, frequent phone use and typing. The work environment will vary from an open office setting to a production environment.
*MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (MUST meet minimum qualifications to be considered)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related technical field.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Candidate must possess strong oral / written /organization skills.
- Efficient and effective use of Microsoft Office tools (primarily Excel and PowerPoint).
- Must be able to read GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing) drawings.
- Problem solving skills.
- Project Management background.
- Knowledge of core Quality Control Tools.
- Must be able to successfully work in fast-paced environment and support department/company Goals & Objectives and suggest / manage cost reduction activities / projects.
- Collaborative team work. Candidate must be open to support different departments’ activities.
Primary Location: US-IA-Urbandale
Work Locations: DMMI Iowa (20005-2) 11323 Meredith Dr. Urbandale, 50322
Shift: 1st Shift
Req ID: 2100000M