PepsiCo Process Improvement Engineer in Urbandale, Iowa
Process Improvement Engineer
Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain
Auto req ID: 212042BR
We are PepsiCo Supply Chain. We are the game changers, innovators, collaborators and history makers. The ground breakers of the Supply Chain & Logistics space.
We are a diverse group, spread across 200 countries and territories, and united by a shared set of values and goals. You know our name through our amazing portfolio, including Tropicana, Pepsi, Frito-Lay, Quaker and Gatorade.
We perform with a purpose. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. Together, we raise the bar in lean manufacturing practices. We put forth new standards and stretch to reach beyond the goals we set. We are a think tank, bringing our ideas into action and are determined to find ways to drive efficiencies, improve processes and achieve the highest level of safety… all while meeting the demands of our customers and consumers to deliver the best products. At PepsiCo, we are committed to performing well as individuals and in teams, and to strengthen the company as a whole.
Are you hungry to be a part of the world’s largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands? Then now is the time to explore the opportunities of PepsiCo: what makes you unique makes us better.
Job Description Summary: Process Improvement Engineer (PIE)
The Process Improvement Engineer (PIE) role is responsible for maintaining & improving true efficiency (TE), running efficiency (RE), production system capabilities, and operational stability. Responsibilities include cost efficiency, continuous improvement on processes, service, and safety. The PIE develops mastery of the processes they are assigned to and uses that mastery to deliver improved TE, quality, and yield.
Major Tasks, Accountabilities and Key Responsibilities:
• Oversee the Centerline System management, including its development, maintenance & change management
• Responsible for loss analysis & TE improvement plan development, plan execution leadership and results tracking
• Facilitate Lean Six Sigma (LSS) project management throughout the plant
• Responsible for rapid changeover activities including principles, target setting, and leading successful efforts reducing changeover time to achieve challenging objectives
• Oversee analytical troubleshooting & problem solving
• Develop an annual operating plan, yield, cullage, and fixed budgets. Coach and train others on these as well
• Develop team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals
• Deliver effective change leadership - driving business changes while minimizing people impact
• Communicate and collaborate cross-functionally to assist the team to solve operational issues
• Motivate team members to achieve plan goals
• Understand the fundamental tools & methodologies of the following TPM pillars – FI, AM, PM, EM
• Understand the CQV process – Commissioning, Qualification, Verification process
• Provide weekly, period, and ‘Year to Date’ reliability and variability downtime analysis support to the operation
• Apply reliability expertise to stabilize and improve the operation, driving variation down and seeking improved TE through the capital, procedural, and operational improvements in both planned and unplanned downtime areas
• Demonstrate good oral and written communication skills through leading meetings, facilitating meetings and preparing written plant communications
• Assist in plant initiatives and direct line supervision as needed
• Administer policies and procedures
• Regular and predictable attendance at the worksite
• This role requires regular presence on the plant floor
• This role requires lifting up to 40 lbs. occasionally
• This role requires occasional work in poor weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, or snow
• This role may operate forklift and manufacturing equipment occasionally
• This role may require off-shift and weekend work
• This role may require some travel (less than 5%)
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Preferably in engineering, business, operations management, or similar field
• Lean Six Sigma Experience preferred, demonstrated by successful completion of a major improvement project
• 2 + years of manufacturing experience in a consumer products manufacturing operation preferred
• Must be self-motivated, results and action-oriented
• Ability to make independent and sound decisions
• Ability to conduct assessments and audits and evaluate to measure progress
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Solid understanding of Business Finance principles
• Proficient in Microsoft Suite applications
• Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
• Ability to lead a team-based approach to decision making
• Demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
• Strong leadership with the ability to get results through mentoring others
• Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team-building skills
• Must be authorized to work in the United States
Relocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement