JEA Senior Living Activities Assistant - Part-Time in Urbandale, Iowa
Who are We?
Glen Oaks Alzheimer's Special Care Center, a JEA Senior Living (https://www.jeaseniorliving.com/) community and certified Great Place to Work (https://www.greatplacetowork.com/certified-company/7011873), is an established and dedicated memory care community, where every team member takes great pride and responsibility in creating Meaningful Moments for our residents. We strive to make each resident interaction positive, meaningful, and unique to them. Through an in-depth understanding of our resident’s life stories, we are able to Honor their Experience of Aging and create an environment that feels just like home.
If you are interested in building your health care career, providing holistic care for our residents and their families, and would like to see what Glen Oaks has to offer, apply online and join our amazing team.
Certified by our employees as a Great Place To Work 2020 (https://www.greatplacetowork.com/certified-company/7011873) for our 2nd Year in a row! 89% of our associates shared “My work has special meaning; this is not “just a job.”86% of our associates shared "I feel I make a difference here"85% of our associates shared "When I look at what I accomplish, I feel a sense of pride"84% of our associates shared "When you join the company, you are made to feel welcome"
Apply via our Indeed ad or Visit our JEA Senior Living Careers Page (https://jeaseniorliving.hcshiring.com/jobs?openOnly=true) to see other available opportunities.
Watch our Video (https://vimeo.com/480003299) or visit us on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/jea-senior-living) and Glassdoor (https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-JEA-Senior-Living-EI_IE696136.11,28.htm) to learn more about JEA Senior Living and what it's like to work with us.
Questions about the application process? Come visit us and our staff will be happy to assist you.
- Medical/ Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Wellness Resources
- Supplemental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Holiday Pay
- Floating Holiday
- Mentorship program
- Career Development Opportunities *Benefits listed may be subject to employee FT/PT status
We are seeking a part time activity assistant willing to work every other weekend and 2 nights a week.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Minimum of one year of experience working with dementia residents in long-term care.
- Basic knowledge of current dementia-care practices and communication strategies.
- At least minimal experience in planning and directing activities for elderly residents, and in planning and organizing special programs for residents, families and staff.
- Good verbal communication skills, including ability to give directions to others in a manner that is pleasant and easily understood.
- Ability to display enthusiasm and a positive attitude in promoting activities, and in enlisting the support of facility team members for activity programming.
Must have a valid state driver’s license Essential Functions:
Assist Program Director in planning and providing activities that support and maintain the residents’ quality of life, and that meet state requirements for addressing the residents’ social, physical, spiritual and mental health.
- Plans, coordinates and implements active and passive activities in both the North and South Courts to address the needs of residents with varying abilities.
- Provides supportive activities in a comfortable environment to residents who are not able to tolerate stimulation of a group program.
- Assist Program Director in creating displaying and distributing a monthly Activity Calendar that is both informative and attractive.
- Assists the Program Director in maintaining an updated social history file on each resident.
- Meets all new residents and families upon arrival, informing them of the activity program and encouraging participation.
- Coordinates with the Dietary Department regarding food-related needs.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and equipment and submits monthly list of needs to the Program Director.
- Coordinates all activity programming in conjunction with the Program Director.
- Role models Meaningful Moments to all staff.
- Notifies families of personal supply needs of residents.