Rose International INC Accounting Auditor in Urbandale, Iowa
Position Title: Accounting Auditor
Position Number: 295486
Location: Urbandale, IA
Desired Skill Set:
Accounting, Accounting Audit, Audit, General Ledger, MS Excel, Oracle, SOX
C2C and STEM-OPT are not available
Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.
Job Title: Accountant (Controls Testing)
Duration: 2 Month Contract to Hire
Location: Urbandale, IA 50398
The Accountant will be responsible for assisting with the consolidation and review of forecasts, budgets, strategic plans, sales, and other relevant financial cycles as needed. This individual will also ensure that information and advice is delivered timely and accurately, company policies and procedures are followed and that communication between finance teams is consistent and strong.
• Prepares, reviews and/or approves complex journal entries and consolidated statements and/or client account reconciliations. Analyzes and maintains the general ledger accounts.
• Researches accounting policy or reporting issues and prepares position paper/policy on the related subject. Prepares financial statements and disclosures and reconciles to appropriate support information.
• Prepares and analyzes revenue and/or expense reports; coordinates revenue and expense accruals and ensures timely and accurate monthly and quarterly close. Performs variation and trend analysis for key general ledger accounts carriers, clients, administrative systems, financial statement line items, and related disclosures, including Management''s discussion and analysis. Findings may be presented to senior management.
• Reviews internal processes and procedures and provides recommendations to management for improvement. Assists and leads implementation of process changes and projects.
• Verifies work of and provides guidance to less experienced levels of accountants. Position may provide functional advice or training to less-experienced accountant positions. Ensure compliance with corporate policies, carrier agreements, SOX procedures, local GAAP and US GAAP and local statutory regulations (as applicable) regarding financial matters.
• Prepares ad hoc analyses as assigned.
• Degree in Accounting, or Finance combined with relevant experience
• Minimum 2 – 6 years of relevant business experience in audit, general ledger accounting or similar areas
• Initiative and sound judgment to make appropriate and timely decisions
• Ability to understand and articulate financial impact or business decisions
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills
• Experience working with data and analytic tools such as Hyperion or Oracle Preferred
• Comfortable presenting to senior management; able to appropriately challenge senior business leaders and their assumptions
• Positive attitude and ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment
• Must be able to multi-task and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
• Able to work independently or with a team
• Desire to develop into more senior finance roles
• Experience with control testing preferred
· 2-6 years’ experience
· Ledger Experience
· Audit Experience
· Control Testing Experience
· Oracle & Excel Skills
· Will be working on AD HOC projects- Review billings for control testing-Revenue control tests after close Contract to hire
· 4 Year Accounting Degree
· CPA Preferred
· Some OT during close-up to 45 hours#CBRose#
Send me a reminder to complete this application
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).
(Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)