ZCL Composites HSE Coordinator in Tipton, Iowa
Operations and Maintenance
Tipton, IA, USA
ZCL/Xerxes a Division of Shawcor CPS, is the largest manufacturer of underground fiberglass storage tanks in the world. With nearly 40 years of direct industry expertise, we are recognized as both a leading innovator and a trusted brand. We are always looking to add great people to the Shawcor family, people whose skills and goals match our Mission and Values. If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a dynamic team environment where integrity and passion drives operational excellence, Shawcor is for you!
Why Choose Shawcor?
- We have been deemed an essential service
- Established social distancing practices and additional procedures to maintain a clean and healthy workplace
- We provide personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- Good people know good people -- we offer a generous referral bonus
- Challenging career with opportunities for advancement
- Training and development opportunities
- Incentive compensation program
- Group benefits package
- 401K matching
- Paid time off
ZCL/Xerxes a Division of Shawcor CPS is seeking an HSE Coordinator to join our dynamic team in Tipton, IA.The HSE Coordinator is responsible for the implementation, development and administration of corporate policies to establish and promote healthy and safe working conditions within the company. As the HSE Coordinator, you will be the resource to operations on all regulatory issues, compliance, safety training program development, and incident investigations pertaining to safety in order to maintain an incident and injury free culture.
This role could include the responsibility of being assigned to multiple production facilities
Duties & Accountabilities
- Manage and monitor the health, safety, and environment programs including standards, processes, communication, and systems to ensure a safe workplace without risk to health.
- Ensure compliance with legislative bodies (OH&S, OSHA, and WCB).
- Conduct new employee and Contractor safety orientations and related paperwork.
- Ensure workplace inspections are completed according to company recommendations.
- Maintain HSE safety related metric data entry, record keeping/filing
- Attend monthly safety committee meetings, administer worker’s compensation claim process/reports.
- Updates to the safety compliance programs and training documents.
- Administration of environmental, health and wellness programs and safety/environmental awareness initiatives.
- Monthly reports/logs on safety violations, accidents, near misses, open cases, corrective action, and incident reporting
Every worker shall,
- Cooperate with their employer for the purposes of protecting the health and safety of themselves as well as other workers either engaged or at the work site where the work is being carried out.
Every employer shall, as far as it is reasonably practicable to ensure:
- The health and safety of workers and others at the work site
- Workers are aware of their health and safety responsibilities and duties.
Skills and Qualifications
- Post-secondary education in a related field (e.g.: Occupational Health and Safety Certificate) is an asset. Equivalent coursework or credentials, combined with relevant experience may be considered
- Similar experience in a manufacturing environment is an asset
- Knowledge in Health and Safety statistical reporting is beneficial
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel and Velocity EHS
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Adept at solving problems
- Negotiation skills, with the ability to build rapport
- Ability to effectively communicate with different levels of a business from engineers to field and production employees
- Detail-oriented and able to work under minimal supervision
- Strong focus on HSE continuous improvement
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Shawcor is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted: November 26, 2020