Blue Stone Therapy Solutions Speech Language Pathologist - Full-Time in Spencer, Iowa
The Speech Language Pathologist participates directly in the evaluation, care plan development and delivery of treatment interventions and services related to swallowing disorders, dysphagia, and communication disorders, in accordance with state practice guidelines. This position provides direct patient care to primarily adult and geriatric patients.
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Provides screenings and evaluations to determine requirements for skilled speech therapy intervention relative to patient’s prior level of function. This includes, but is not limited to the following areas: swallowing disorders, dysphagia, communication disorders to include motor-speech and language disorders, cognitive language deficits, voice disorders, discharge planning, development of maintenance programs and other related patient care issues.
- Develops and implements treatment plans that focus on functional and measurable outcomes and adheres to professional standards of practice.
- Assures that speech therapy intervention is based on physicians’ orders and in accordance with standard practice guidelines.
- Where licensed, provides appropriate supervision for speech language pathologists assistants in compliance with licensure, regulatory and company requirements.
- Maintains appropriate patient schedules as per established guidelines.
- Provides documentation to maintain accuracy and quality of medical records, in order to comply with reimbursement guidelines, and company and facility requirements.
- Participates in patient, family and assigned facility meetings as appropriate.
- Follows administrative, company and assigned facility processes and policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and/or participates in training programs for facility staff, patients, families and rehabilitation staff.
- Initiates new program development with focus on functional outcomes to improve the quality of life of the patients served.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement activities.
- Establishes and implements restorative nursing programs, as necessary, in conjunction with restorative nursing department efforts to provide appropriate comprehensive care to patients.
- Refers residents to appropriate discipline (OT, PT, nursing, etc.) as necessary, to ensure the most appropriate care is provided to the patients.
Participates in marketing and community presentations and projects to promote the success of the company and assigned facility. Position Qualifications:
Masters’ Degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited program
- Valid license or eligible for licensure to practice Speech-Language Pathology in Iowa
- High level communication skills, both verbal and written
- Effective leadership and customer relationship skills
- Ability to exercise mature judgment with initiative in analyzing and solving problems