UnityPoint Health RN Medical/Telemetry (Part-time/Nights) in Sioux City, Iowa
UnityPoint Health - St. Luke's
12 hour shifts. Every other weekend/holiday.
The RN is responsible for coordinating the care of patients and families that they care for utilizing the nursing process, and the skills that are part of their functions as a registered nurse. Summary of duties include: utilizing nursing knowledge for critical thinking, planning of care, evaluating response to care and planning for the needs of the patient and family.
- Delegates nursing care activities and monitors care given by appropriate care team members in accordance with patient needs, and the team member’s professional capabilities and qualifications. Supports use of Evidenced Based Practice and incorporates best practices into daily care routine.
- Assists in creating a positive work environment by mentoring of staff/students, and working with team members to develop and facilitate initiatives to strive for positive outcomes in quality and care of patients. Effectively communicates with all team members, physicians, ancillary staff and all customers.
Delivery of Care
- Complies with all policies and procedures, and guides team members with compliance. Compiles with all safety goals, infection prevention and risk management policies and procedures.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Must have completed an accredited nursing program and possess a valid nursing license.
BSN is preferred
Minimum Work Experience:
- Completion of accredited nursing program.
- Valid nursing license. Specialty certification is encouraged.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
Certifications to include: BCLS, ACLS (within 6 months), PALS (within 1 year), TNCC (within 2 years), CPI (within 1 year)
Must be able to complete computer programs
Must be able to meet the competency of unit assigned to and also be able to successfully complete orientation
Must be able to meet reliable attendance guidelines
Must legally perform the essential functions of the job
Able to demonstrate the necessary skills and competencies to include medication administration and nursing competencies
Must be able to perform the essentials functions of the job, including ability to communicate effectively
Able to distinguish colors
Requisition ID: 2019-69589
Street: 2720 Stone Park Blvd
Name: 7520 UnityPoint Heath SC St Lukes
Name: 5A Medical- SLRMC
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.6
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 12 Nights
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org