UnityPoint Health Certified Nursing Assistant-Surgery/Oncology in Sioux City, Iowa
UnityPoint Health - St. Luke's
Every other weekend commitment
The nursing assistant assists in patient care throughout all nursing areas. Duties include assisting patients with their ADL’s, transporting patients in various types of equipment and ambulation, documentation of care and treatments done and observes patients for safety and condition change and reports to appropriate staff.
Delivery of Care
Assists patients with ADL’s according to hospital procedures, reports all abnormal findings and changes in patient condition to Registered Nurse in charge of patient. Assists with ambulation of patients, and uses assist devices as appropriate to protect patient and staff member.
Assists with restocking of rooms and maintain a safe and clean environment. Follows all established infection control policies, and recognizes role in providing safety to the patient.
- Documents vital signs, weights, activity, intake and outputs, and ADL care given to patient in computer.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
· High school graduate or equivalent
· Previous hospital or nursing home experience preferred
· Certified nursing assistant or completion of training in nursing school that covers nursing assistant type duties.
· Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) within 90 days of hire.
· Basic computer knowledge
· Ability to deal efficiently and effectively with a wide variety of individuals.
· Knowledge of basic medical terminology is preferred.
· Ability to move and lift patients and use appropriate equipment.
· Ability to communicate effectively and document information accurately.
· Effective interpersonal relationships and communication skills (verbal, non-verbal and written).
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2021-97814
Street: 2720 Stone Park Blvd
Name: 7520 UnityPoint Heath SC St Lukes
Name: 4A Surg/Onc- SLRMC
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.3
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: every other weekend
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org