The Greenbrier Companies, Inc. Safety Coordinator, Int-HSFTY2 in Red Oak, Iowa
The Safety Coordinator has the responsibility to ensure that safety training programs and policies are adhered to at the plant level and will be measured on established performance metrics relative to each area.
In regards to Safety, the role will be responsible for enforcing GRS safety policy and maintaining and enhancing the current plant safety program. Metric will include measure of workman's comp claims.
Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities are listed below. Other duties may be assigned.
- Present new hire safety orientation in English and Spanish as required.
- Conducts regular Safety meetings, including Safety Committee meetings, as well as plant-wide meetings.
- Initiate and maintain all Worker's Compensation claims.
- Work with insurance carrier on follow-up of injuries, Modified Duty Job Offers and general recordkeeping.
- Maintain OSHA log.
- Maintain Safety Training program and records. Conduct training as needed.
- Inform managers/supervisors on employee status regarding injuries.
- Assist the Plant in development and implementation of safety programs. Work with Plant Manager to ensure plant work procedures and processes do not jeopardize employee safety.
- Perform site inspections regularly and develop solutions for issues that arise.
- Take the initiative and drive the safety goals and plans by working with supervisors, managers and employees to promote a safe work environment.
- Occasional after-hours and weekend work as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by Plant Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
The Greenbrier Companies, Inc.
00082-Red Oak, IA