The Raymond Corporation Quality Engineer in Muscatine, Iowa
Quality Engineer is expected to work with limited supervision from manager, follows procedures, policies and/or guidelines for some decisions but has autonomy to modify routine and substantive procedures as required. Regularity performs root cause analysis for issues affecting Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery. Addresses manufacturing issues related to manufacturing processes and operator standard wok. Will provide guidance to management, engineering and operations relating to Quality procedures, part and product specifications.Understanding of TPS or Rapid Continuous Improvement, Material and process flow would be a plus.
- Regularly leads small teams in planning, testing, and/or modification of manufacturing processes.
- Utilizing specialized engineering knowledge (i.e. manufacturing, quality, industrial, mechanical, product, etc.), provides technical support to multiple levels of managers and/or employees.
- May occasionally lead cross-functional teams.
- Exchanges information/regularly communicate with multiple internal departments re: programming issues.
- Maintains system in support of product flow.
- Keeps abreast of innovation in state of the art engineering techniques.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be proficient in reading prints & GDT.