The Raymond Corporation Manufacturing Engineer (Capital Projects) - Muscatine, IA in Muscatine, Iowa
Receives limited supervision. Based on general and occasionally obscure objectives, responsible for development, planning, testing and/or modification of new manufacturing, quality, and/or aftermarket processes, products and/or systems. Utilizing specialized engineering knowledge, provides technical support to multiple levels of managers and/or employees over semi-complex and complex issues. Regularly analyzes and evaluates procedures and makes minor and significant modifications. Regularly leads projects.
- Receives general and occasionally obscure specifications from manager and/or higher level engineers. Regularly leads small teams in the planning and implementation of capital projects. Projects are semi-complex to complex in nature.
- Participates as key team member in completion/resolution of larger, more consequential projects/issues.
- Utilizing specialized engineering knowledge (i.e. manufacturing, quality, industrial, mechanical, product, etc...), provides technical support to multiple levels of managers and/or employees.
- Regularly analyzes and evaluates procedures and makes minor and significant modifications.
- Participates as a member and may occasionally lead interdepartmental teams.
- Exchanges information and regularly negotiates with multiple internal departments over a variety of routine and complex issues.
- Keeps abreast of innovation in state of the art engineering techniques.
- May perform a variety of engineering work in designing, installing, operating, and maintaining capital equipment.
- May assist in the overall planning and installation of equipment.
- May perform tests or experiments requiring the use of nonstandard procedures and complex instrumentation.
- Performs related work as assigned.