The Raymond Corporation Engineer Technical Specialist - Muscatine, IA in Muscatine, Iowa
JOB SUMMARY: Receives regular supervision. Based on general objectives, assists in development, planning, testing and/or modification of new manufacturing, quality, and/or aftermarket processes, products and/or systems. Utilizing specialized engineering knowledge provides technical support to multiple levels of managers and/or employees over semi-complex issues. Regularly analyzes and evaluates procedures and makes minor modifications as required. Occasionally leads small projects.
· Responsible for processing Change Requests and Custom Engineering Requests. Determines whether to insource or outsource parts based on information from support Manufacturing Engineers and Technicians. Gathers information from Engineers in each area to determine process routing, fixture needs, etc.
· Responsible for researching and evaluating multiple suppliers or multiple solutions to a problem
· Responsible for collecting data for developing project justification.
· Responsible for writing project asset requisitions as well as the ability to present them to the executive team.
· Responsible for managing and implementing multiple capital projects simultaneously including but not limited to:
o Organizing and leading cross functional teams within the facility.
o Communicates often to affected department managers and the Director of Operations.
o Ensuring that project timelines and activities are moving according to schedule.
· Receives general and/or objectives from manager and/or higher level engineers. Assists in development, planning, testing, and/or modification of manufacturing, quality, and/or aftermarket processes, products and/or systems. Leads small projects that are semi-complex in nature (i.e., single factor or limited function analysis, current machine modification, etc…). Expected to bring complex development issues forward to appropriate personnel.
· Utilizing specialized engineering knowledge, provides technical support to 1st level supervisors/managers and/or non-exempt employees to multiple levels of managers and/or employees.
· Regularly analyzes and evaluates procedures and makes minor modifications as required. Receives direction for significant procedure/process changes.
· Participates as member on interdepartmental or product design teams.
· Exchanges information with multiple internal departments over a variety of routine and semi-complex design related issues.
· Keeps abreast of innovation in state of the art engineering techniques.
· Performs related work as assigned.