Kelly Services EHS Engineer in Mt Pleasant, Iowa
Great Job Opportunity! Direct Hire position for EHS Engineer for one of our top Pharmaceutical Medical Supply companies in Mount Pleasant, IA.
Great Job Direct Hire Job Opportunity! Looking for experienced EHS Engineer.
VERY IMPORTANT!!! This is position requires 2-3 years Manufacturing Environmental Safety & Health experience.
Responsible for establishing, maintaining and monitoring of environmental, health & safety programs to protect human health, the environment and control related business risk. This job requires an incumbent to independently coordinate programs, often managing issues at the Division level and working senior staff.
• Assists and counsel’s managers, safety council members and area coordinators.
• Evaluates the work environment from the standpoint of ergonomics, machine guarding, and any other applicable regulations.
• Conducts/assists in audits, accident investigations, and trend analysis.
• Leads/participates in cross functional teams for EHS issue resolution or for new equipment/process approval.
• Provides consultation and assists with initiatives related to EHS projects and programs to include, but not limited to maintaining Plant's Hazard Communication Plan, OSHA industrial hygiene, Hearing Conservation & Respirator Training Programs and other programs as required by local law.
• Supports corporate and insurance carrier studies.
• Assists in development of chemically safe work practices, institutes and revises lockout/tag-out procedures, confined space/permit program and, process safety rule procedures.
• Meets requirements for emergency medical response for blood borne pathogens.
• Conducts safety audits, supports inspections & maintains OSHA or equivalent local regulatory required documentation.
• Provides consultation and oversight for the site hazardous waste management system including but not limited to establishing training on proper labeling, handling, documentation and overall guidance to facilitate compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
• May perform hazardous waste regulatory audits followed by issuing corrective action and even escalation for issues of non-compliance with governmental regulations and Jabil policy when non-compliance is not addressed timely or for repeat offenses.
• Assists in finding dispositions for off-spec or recyclable, and reporting of hazardous materials. Follows “Approved Vendor List” for e-scrap disposition service providers and may perform e-scrap contractor site audits.
• May assist site EHS professional in the development of hazardous incident procedures and trains site Subject Matter Expert’s and employees on proper methods of response control and clean-up.
• Manages the development, implementation and maintenance of environmental and safety programs such as: management systems requirements (ISO/EICC/OSHA…etc.), hazard communication, control of change, hazardous waste management, reporting site key performance factors, Green House Gas data, chemical management systems and programs, personal protective equipment, dangerous goods – hazardous materials management, emergency preparedness, regulatory reporting and data collection.
• Maintains site environmental permits and complies with all reporting and permit application requirements under all related local and regional laws and regulations.
• Performs facility tours and inspections of manufacturing operations, office, and shipping areas as well as the facility's grounds. Ensures compliance with EHS policies including operating procedures and protective equipment requirements. Mentors sites for the implementation of Global and Regional EHS initiatives.
• Coordinates with process engineering departments and operations management to review and revise process procedures, chemicals and equipment. Works with process engineering to identify lower risk chemical and process alternatives to high risk materials and processes. Evaluates site chemical management systems to assure all required elements required for robust controls are in place to comply with regulations and mitigate to the best extent possible risk to employees, the environment and the business.
• May be required to train other department employees to perform internal EHS management systems audits. May be required to perform quality system audits to reciprocate for quality department audit service provided against EHS systems.
• Develops employee’s safety/environmental training and awareness programs. Audits site employee safety orientations, hazardous communication training, hazardous materials management and emergency evacuation training for effectiveness and records to meet Jabil, governmental and regulatory requirements.
• Performs gap analysis and internal audits against global EHS Policy as well as international standards (ISO14001, OSHAS18001, EICC EHS Code Conformance…etc.). Supports sites and corporate level functions during international standard certification audits by Jabil registrar and/or customer standards audits. Uses enterprise systems to initiate track close and measure effectiveness of corrective and preventive actions against internal and external audit findings.
• Provide environmental, safety and industrial hygiene consulting services to facilities to help assure compliance with federal (for instance applicable NOM-005-STPS-1998, Brazil SUS Article 205 Sections II and VIII, OSHA, SEMARNAT, EPA…etc.), state and local regulations.
High School Diploma or equivalent or 2-3 years of Manufacturing Safety Environment & Health experience.
Safety Coordinator/Specialist experience
Employee Heath inside/outside of the plant
OSHA Policies & Procedures
Responsible for Log out/ Tag out Training
*No Certifications required
Shift Times : 8:00am-4:30pm OR 9:00am-5:00pm (on call for Mass Training classes)
Direct Hire Salary Range : $55,000 - $62,000 per year
APPLY NOW! Your are welcome to contact the recruiter directly via email angh441@kellyservices,com. #quickapply1
Why Kelly ® ?
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
- Kelly Services Jobs