Continental Corporation Maintenance Technician in Mount Pleasant, Iowa
Mount Pleasant, IA
Responsible for a variety of duties involved in the installation, alteration, maintenance, development and repair of plant machinery, equipment, facilities and structures.
• Troubleshoot, diagnose, repair and maintain a variety of mechanical, electrical and manufacturing equipment and machinery
• Experience and desire to learn engine lathe, milling machine, drill press, grinders, alter or construct replacement parts, recondition production tooling
• Maintain plant plumbing, heating, cooling and related facilities and equipment
• Read and understand electrical diagrams and blueprints
• Knowledge of PLCS, electronic and mechanical systems
• Basic knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems
• Identify and resolve problems before they become costly and unmanageable
• Welding, fabrication and machining skills
• Other duties as necessary
Formal Education: Technical Certification or Associate Degree in Industrial Maintenance, Electro-Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, or Mechatronics and 1-2 years’ industrial maintenance experience.
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Must be flexible to work any shift
• Must have basic computer skills
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS (travel, lifting restrictions, etc)
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Limited domestic travel may be required for training or resource sharing with other plants.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
With sales of €40.5 billion in 2016, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 227,000 employees in 56 countries. As a division in the Continental Corporation, ContiTech is one of the world's leading industrial specialists. Its customers can be found in key industries such as machine and plant engineering, mining, the agricultural industry, and the automotive industry. With around 43,000 employees in 44 countries, the company uses its development and material expertise for products and systems made of rubber, polyamide, metal, textile, and electronic components to combine these with individual services. ContiTech always thinks in terms of customer-friendly and environmentally-friendly solutions – going well and truly beyond its roots as a producer of rubber products. With sales of approximately €5.5 billion (2016), this international technology partner is active with core branches in Europe, Asia, North and South America.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.