Blue Stone Therapy Solutions Senior Rehab Director in Mason City, Iowa
Lead the therapy team at one North Central Iowa’s largest and most respected senior living communities. We are seeking a Senior Rehab Director who has a passion for treating seniors, thrives in a fast paced work environment and the capability of managing multiple locations and care settings.
Our community will be opening a brand-new, state-of-the-art therapy gym in the next 90 days and we are excited to expand our rehab services! Are you the leader who can take rehab to the next level?
The Senior Rehab Director is responsible for the overall management of the Facility Rehab department, which spans multiple locations, ensuring optimum efficiencies and profitability is achieved. At Blue Stone Therapy Solutions our Senior Rehab Director fully supports the delivery of the highest standard and quality of rehabilitation services.
- Supervises Rehabilitation personnel providing therapies within account(s).
- Assumes responsibility for conducting or coordinating timely completion of annual performance appraisals for therapy staff and providing them development opportunities.
- Assumes responsibility for daily staffing and utilization, including scheduling.
- Oversees and assumes responsibility for financial controls of revenue and expenses.
- Accountable for the timely completion of facility reports on a weekly and as needed basis.
- Partners with the Regional Director and Blue Stone Talent Acquisition team to assist in the recruitment and retention of Rehabilitation employees.
- Participates in interview and selection process and effective orientation for Rehabilitation staff.
- Supports the delivery of the highest level of clinical care through appropriate utilization of resources, the promotion of clinical programs and staff development.
- Ensures the clinical management of the rehabilitation department, including oversight related to case management, care planning, appropriate delivery of therapy utilization and patient identification.
- Ensures compliance with company and facility policies, procedures and practices within assigned account areas and reports variances.
- Works closely with Regional Director for identifying potential new business targets and for marketing the services of Blue Stone Therapy Solutions.
- Participates in patient, family and assigned facility meetings as appropriate.
- Communicates timely and professionally with rehabilitation and facility staff, patients, families, healthcare providers and other customers.
- Coordinates and/or participates in training programs for facility staff, patients, families and rehabilitation staff.
- Promotes new program development with focus on functional outcomes to improve the quality of life of the patients served.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement activities.
- Refers residents to appropriate discipline (OT, PT, ST, nursing, etc.) as necessary, to ensure the most appropriate care is provided to the patients.
- Participates in marketing and community presentations and projects to promote the success of the company and assigned facility.
Provides direct patient care for assigned facility. Position Qualifications:
Successful completion of an accredited program for Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Language Pathology, Physical Therapist Assistant or Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Current, valid license (or eligible for licensure) to practice therapy in Iowa
- 2-4 years of clinical therapy experience preferably in a skilled therapy setting
- Minimum of 1 (one) year of management experience.
- Intermediate skill level in computer software to include Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook (Experience with Casamba preferred)