Wells Dairy Inc. Supervisor Corporate Laboratory in Le Mars, Iowa
Provides direct supervision to Corporate Laboratory staff. Interprets testing results pertinent to Plant Food Safety Programs and ensures testing environment meets quality and safety requirements.
- Oversees the daily operations and work flow of the Corporate Laboratory to ensure practices, procedures and quality standards of the micro laboratory are met. Ensures compliance with all applicable policies, laws and regulations.
- Prepares and analyzes samples according to Standard Operating Procedures, FDA-BAM procedures, AOAC and Standard Methods for the Examination of Dairy Products. Performs procedures for quality control and quality assurance of all lab analyses.
- Accurately reads, interprets, records and reports results of laboratory tests. Tracks performance metrics. Validates appropriate documentation through review and audits. Completes all proficiency testing. Ensure all ISO 17025 requirements are met and maintained including but not limited to ISO Checklists, calibrations/verifications and preventative maintenance.
- Assures laboratory test materials are purchased from approved vendors and approves all orders.
- Manages the execution of day-to-day activities; provides prioritization of work assignments and scheduling. Directly involved in the training and development of technicians and maintenance of training records. Drive high performance culture by providing guidance, direction and leadership.
- Bachelor Degree in Microbiology, Food Science or related area preferred
- 3 + years experience in Micro testing. Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience preferred.
- Good Laboratory Practices, Practices and Principles of Microbiological and Allergenic laboratory operations, techniques and procedures. Safety procedures related to handling biological agents. Basic principles of quality control and quality assurance as applied to testing. HACCP Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) knowledge.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. Analytical, problem solving and organizational skills. Must possess effective interpersonal and leadership skills. Must communicate effectively (verbal and written) with technicians, departments and clients to maintain high customer service levels.
- Ability to monitor and address performance and team dynamics. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage priorities and facilitate quality laboratory operations.
Wells Enterprises is an EEO/AA employer M/F/Vet/Dis
Job: Quality Assurance & Food Safety
Primary Location: United States-Iowa-Le Mars
Req ID: 2100000022