Wells Dairy Inc. Quality Assurance Operations Manager in Le Mars, Iowa
Under the direction of the Senior Plant Quality Assurance Manager, this individual is the primary responsible for day-to-day oversight of the Food Quality programs and practices, including SQF compliance and the QA lab. Assures food quality practices are being followed/documented as required (e.g., routine operational quality checks) and includes but is not necessarily limited to relieving food quality processing data, and taking appropriate actions in light of the data presented. Provide support for preparing for, facilitating, and responding to plant internal, customer, and third-party audits.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Oversees day-to-day execution of food quality and food safety related activities in the plant in accordance with relevant food safety legislation (FDA, HACCP, SQF, etc.). Drives plant compliance with WDI QFSEs and works with plant peers, including but not limited to: Production; Sanitation; Logistics as well as Corporate QA and new product development.
- Supports and maintains a continuous improvement (CI) culture while promoting and supporting food quality and food safety programs as well as optimizing performance in the areas of quality, safety, delivery, and cost.
- Develops and builds capabilities of people as individuals and teams through a variety of techniques and tools focused on motivation, teamwork, mentoring and coaching.
- Key driver in the implementation of quality strategic plan. Oversees major quality plan components such as: Pre-operational inspections; GMPS; product release and batch documentation; change management; customer/consumer complaint management.
- Manages and executes labor schedules and plans to ensure appropriate coverage in support of attainment goals, labor budget, and quality monitoring needs. Actively seeks opportunities to optimize cost structure in the areas of materials, scheduling, labor, etc.
- Serves as a leader in the plant SQF plan and SQF compliance activities. Drives corrective actions and sustainability in light of SQF and other regulatory/compliance programs and initiatives. Serves in a similar capacity for other food safety or food quality audits such as customer audits, including preparation before and action planning after the audit activities.
- Manages complaint information for contract-manufactured products, serving as the focal point and conduit between the facility and Wells Marketing, corporate QA and Client Representatives. Investigates customer / consumer complaints as needed and documents these investigations. Oversees and monitors investigative activities, trend analysis and corrective actions.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Microbiology, and/or Food Science a minimum.
- Demonstrated experience with food or nutritional products manufacturing and /or quality programs required. Familiarity with food / nutritional product legislation (FDA & USDA 21CFR & 9 CFR) a plus. HACCP and SQF certificate required.
- Demonstrated 3 years experience in a medical product, food or nutritional product manufacturing or laboratory setting; previous experience in an FDA / USDA regulated industry.
- Must be skilled in the proficient use in Microsoft Office software, and have the ability to understand facility specific processes such as weighing, measuring, mixing, cleaning, sterilization, documentation, process control automation.
- Must be able to establish strong relationships throughout the organization. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, at all levels within and outside of WEI.
If you meet these requirements and are interested in this position, to be considered for an interview you must complete an online application at www.wellscareers.com
Wells Enterprises is an EEO/AA employer M/F/Vet/Dis
Job: Quality Assurance & Food Safety
Primary Location: United States-Iowa-Le Mars
Req ID: 2000001213