Wells Dairy Inc. Product Development Technologist IV in Le Mars, Iowa
Delivers R&D plans and strategies which involve taking new and existing products from conceptualization through commercialization while applying learnings, creativity and technical knowledge to add value through innovation.
Develops and implements R&D plans and strategies in support of company objectives.
Directs and develops communication involving project needs, status updates and technical advice to all stakeholders in order to promote more efficient and effective deliverables. Recommends opportunities and solutions for process improvements.
Responsible for leading the teams understanding and application of knowledge of ingredients, products and frozen dessert manufacturing processes for the completion of projects. Recommends opportunities and solutions for process improvements.
Acts as a mentor and subject matter expert to the less experienced developers in terms of technical guidance and project management.
Uses objectivity on project work by practicing the scientific method of defining the question, gathering and recording information, forming a hypothesis, performing experiment, analyzing data, interpreting data and drawing conclusions.
Influences and leads the application of learnings, creativity and technical knowledge to add value through innovation.
Facilitates activities necessary to take more complex and innovative projects from conceptualization through commercialization working with project constraints of time, target and budget. Ensures NPD adherence and that the process follows the critical paths.
Collaborates cross-functionally to ensure safety, quality and legality of products manufactured is maintained.
- BS required in food/dairy science or related field
- 6 + years in food/dairy or related field.
- Strong understanding of Food Science/Dairy Science, understanding of R&D business plans and strategies in addition to the companies overall business objectives.
- Time management, project management, strong written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal savvy, prioritization.
- Ability to think strategically, ability to communicate and collaborate effectively, able to manage multiple tasks within various projects; ability to be self-directed as it relates to personal development; ability to create, develop, and foster effective working relationships.
Wells Enterprises is an EEO/AA employer M/F/Vet/Dis
Job: Research & Development
Primary Location: United States-Iowa-Le Mars
Req ID: 1900000739