Wells Dairy Inc. Packaging Engineer III in Le Mars, Iowa
Primary responsibilities of a Packaging Engineer III is to provide support and technical expertise to Wells Enterprises Inc, in areas such as
- New Package development, innovation and qualification
- Ability to assess complex programs and identify improvement opportunities Project Management skills, ability to trouble shoot & problem solve
- Strong grasp on package development processes and protocols
- Lead corporate challenges such as Sustainability and Future proofing.
- Understands the steps in NPD and the role and responsibility of the Packaging Engineer in the process. Provides packaging design alternatives (innovation) and the packaging expertise to deliver to Marketing the design and specification required; is highly respected as a resource and valued member of the NPD Team(s).
- Investigates and solves packaging related problems in operations/ logistics areas by developing relationships with Operations. Understands the integration of packaging material with packaging and other equipment and can assess and interpret the impact of this integration to online performance.
- Identifies gaps in processes which might drive future efficiencies to package, materials, or operations., leveraging data and analytical skills to substantiate and validate the improvements on all projects.
- Leverages tools and testing to de-risk projects, executing with excellence, driving high rate of first run success
- Demonstrates the capacity to lead others directly or indirectly
- Develops and updates (as required) specifications for packaging into the business operating software (Oracle).
- Drives efficiency into the Packaging Development Process. Holds vendors accountable to the development process disciplines and the data outputs generated on key physical and functional attributes identified throughout the Commissioning, Qualification and Verification (CQV) process.
- Is process oriented and makes good, fact-based decisions through a mixture of analysis, experience and judgment.
- Develops and drives agreed timelines on all tasks and projects assigned. Learns quickly when facing new challenges and is open to change. Is a proven problem solver who gets to the root cause; has the quality management skills necessary to deliver continuous improvement in the work performed.
- Provides technical expertise across the range of packaging mediums utilized at Wells and has demonstrated knowledge on equipment capabilities to efficiently and effectively integrate new packaging into the equipment. Understands and performs physical and functional attribute testing on packaging material; and utilizes the software available for packaging development and analysis.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills, fosters two-way communication
- Demonstrated leader
- Problem solving, quality management, continuous improvement and leadership (external and internal) training
- Critical thinking and analytical skills are essential
- Professional, in manner, respectful of corporate culture
- Accountability mentality
- Requires minimal coaching
- Strong collaboration skills
- Excellent project management skills, familiar with MS Project, SmartSheet or other project mgmt. software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to influence & lead technical projects & initiatives
- Is a recognized subject matter expert in a several packaging substrate(s): has strong knowledge in: paper, paperboard, plastic(molding), flexible film and corrugated; basic computer skills, packaging testing
- College degree in Packaging Engineering or Chemical Engineering
- Preferably 8 years of experience in Packaging development for CPG companies
- Has demonstrated experience in packaging development over a range of substrates; quality management, problem solving and analytical skills are essential
Wells Enterprises is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Vet/Dis
Primary Location: United States-Iowa-Le Mars
Req ID: 2000001060