Wells Dairy Inc. Intern - Corporate Micro Lab - Summer 2021 in Le Mars, Iowa
Under general supervision provides essential support for departmental functions that include a wide range of activities and initiatives.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Perform operational and administrative functions as it relates to academic major.
- Work on special projects as assigned by functional leader.
- Assist in implementing functional strategies and support the team in reaching goals and objectives.
- Support the departmental deliverables and help in planning and supporting tasks.
- Scanning, weighing, and plating Finished Products, Ingredients, In-process samples, and special request for general lab testing. (Coliform, SPC, Yeast and Mold, Staph., Viable Count, E. coli, etc.)
- Reading general lab test results and entering these into a computer database.
- Assisting in the media room.
- Working as a team member of a small lab group.
- Completing Daily/Weekly lab controls.
- Job shadowing in the Pathogen Lab (Listeria and Salmonella testing).
- Have an applicable degree program and coursework that corresponds with the internship applied for. Prefer entering their Junior/Senior year of a 4 year degree program.
- Prefer a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Applicable experience within the technical fields preferred.
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Attention to detail, the ability to multi-task and excellent communication skills are all essential to this position. Effective presentation skills.
If you meet these requirements and are interested in this position, to be considered for an interview you must complete an online application at www.wellscareers.com
Wells Enterprises is an EEO/AA employer M/F/Vet/Dis
Job: Quality Assurance & Food Safety
Primary Location: United States-Iowa-Le Mars
Req ID: 2000001184