Valero Instrumentation & Electrician Technician – Ethanol Plant in LAKOTA, Iowa
Responsible for the repair and maintenance of the plant equipment, to ensure maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the company.
- Participates in plant maintenance program.
- Repairs or replaces plant equipment or systems on a scheduled or emergency basis.
- Performs preventative maintenance activities as required.
- Participates in safe work permit and lock out tag out programs.
- Interacts directly with operations and shipping & receiving departments to ensure scheduled work can be completed.
- Assists with diagnosing and trouble-shooting maintenance related issues.
- Assists with new installations and other projects, as requested by the supervisor.
- Monitors reliability of equipment.
- Works with engineering department and external contractors to plan and implement installation of new equipment or systems.
- Knows and understands city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to maintenance and plant equipment, and work in a safe manner to ensure that these regulations are met at all times.
- Works a schedule that occasionally requires overtime or call-in as required.
- Participates in plant turnarounds.
- Participates in programs and procedures required to ensure plant cleanliness.
- Participates in Health, Safety and Environmental programs.
- Assists Corporate Network / IT department as needed.
- Completes work orders as assigned. This position is hourly nonexempt status, which means you are eligible for overtime pay.
* High school diploma or GED required.
* Minimum of two years of experience in electrical or instrumentation maintenance and repair or associates degree (or higher) in a related field required. * Journeyman license preferred. * ISA certification preferred. * Programmable logic controller / Distributed control system (PLC/DCS) troubleshooting/programming experience preferred.
About Valero Renewables – Lakota
Valero Renewables-Lakota is located in Lakota, Iowa, about 30 miles southeast of Fairmont, Minnesota. The bio-refinery sits on 78 acres and started ethanol production in November 2002. The facility uses a dry-grind production method and state-of-the-art technology to maintain industry-leading standards in production, safety, product quality and environmental stewardship. The Lakota plant annually processes nearly 39 million bushels of corn into 110 million gallons of denatured ethanol and 400,000 tons of distillers grains co-products. The bio-refinery has a nameplate capacity of 85 million gallons of ethanol per year and employs approximately 60 full-time personnel.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information visit Valero.com..
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Job: Operations/Skilled Crafts %26 Trades/Maintenance
Primary Location: US-IA-Lakota
Job Posting: May 5, 2021, 11:55:22 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 210015F
- Valero Jobs