Midwest Health Resident Care Coordinator - - 1st Shift in Knoxville, Iowa
The health and wellbeing of our staff members and residents is our number one priority. Our community is strictly following the CDC guidelines to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and has restricted community access in accordance with state and local health agency direction. Our infectious disease protocols include but are not limited to:
Screening staff members at the beginning and part way through each shift.
All staff members are wearing face masks at all times while inside the community.
- Staff members have access to PPE including gloves, face masks, face shields, and gowns, if ever needed.
- Our community is utilizing telemedicine as much as possible. This ensures our residents are getting the care they need with as little risk of exposure as possible.
- As always, we are committed to transparency and will make all staff, residents, and families aware of any COVID-19 positive cases at our communities.
The Resident Care Coordinator is required to effectively manage, direct and administer resident services of the community in accordance with company policies and procedures, standards of practice for operators, and governmental regulations so as to maintain quality care for all residents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with the Community’s personnel, safety, and corporate policies and procedures.
- Report witnessed or reported allegations of resident abuse/neglect immediately to the Executive Director.
- Reports to Corporate Director of Rehabilitation and Community Director of Rehabilitation Services.
- Treat residents, family members, visitors, and team members with dignity and respect.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident and family information.
- Report to work on time and as scheduled.
- Reports to the Executive Director.
- Review and supervise compliance with policies pertaining to total patient care, including but not limited to meal service, activities, housekeeping and laundry, personnel and public relations under specific directives from the Executive Director.
- Monitor and assist with compliance with policies and procedures, and state and federal regulations and laws concerning nursing care.
- Monitor personal and staff compliance with all state and federal regulations including blood borne pathogens, infection control, hazardous materials, resident rights and other applicable areas.
- Assist residents with admission and assure compliance with all State and Federal requirements regarding admission, to include but not limit to initial Advance Directives, Resident Rights information, and assessments as required.
- Assist and execute the Negotiated Service Agreements.
- Assist with system of periodic review and maintain communication with families regarding fulfillment of agreement.
- Participate in selection of personnel to staff community, orientation and monitoring of staff competence.
Maintain communication with physicians and pharmacy as required. Job Requirements:
Must have a valid LPN or RN license and in good standing with the state.
- Must have a valid CPR certification.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- If required to operate a motor vehicle for business purposes, must successfully complete the requirements contained in Company’s Motor Vehicles policy.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be able to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
- Must be able to perform the essential position functions of the job with, or without reasonable accommodation.
- Employee is required to use a transfer/gait belt or to obtain the assistance of another employee when attempting to assist residents when lifting or carrying objects in excess of 25 pounds. The employee must be aware that during the normal, routine performance of the essential functions, some of the following body movements may occur naturally, although hey may not be a requirement of the job.