Cardinal Health Patient Communications Senior Associate in Iowa, Iowa
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of all regulatory requirements around engaging patients, reporting requirements, as well as auditing responsibilities on all strategies.
- Contributes to the execution, compliance and audit of CMS Medicare Part D requirements including but not limited to - CMR Offer Process and Delivery of the Connect Platform Standard Patient Takeaway Process.
- Serves as a liaison and demonstrates comprehensive knowledge with regulatory requirements, CMS reporting and CMS audits related to patient engagement activities when working with OutcomesMTM payers and internal departments such as Payer Accounts, Quality and Regulatory Compliance, and Technology.
- Responsible for completing thorough quality assurance checks on all operational process/data files and uses judgement to implement a strategy or troubleshoots the issue to create the corrective action plan to ensure regulatory compliance and/or delivery on strategy.
- Prepares CMR offer runs with any logic and/or program changes.
- Create and share payer reporting for all patient engagement strategies.
- Prepare for and may serve as a liaison for Payer Accounts in performing audits for any patient engagement strategy when requested by payers.
- Propose and/or implements the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for all patient engagement strategies and propose updates or improvements when necessary.
- Collaborate with other departments within the company and vendors to implement strategies or changes requested by payers to maintain their satisfaction or to maintain compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Trains and/or communicates best practices observed to other business units and will serve as a liaison for the Patient Communications team on critical workgroups or other business needs.
- Approve invoices from the vendors and compile a monthly accounting estimate.
- Determine if communications are suitable to send to patients
Education & Experience
- Bachelors in related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred
- 2+ years experience in related field, preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate across all levels of an organization, demonstrating professionalism and good judgment at all times
- Must be able to work autonomously with minimal or no direction while also being part of an integrated team
- Must be able to manage competing demands and multiple priorities while maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Ability to strategize and involve the appropriate individuals and/or teams when making decisions
- Technical proficiency related to PC and basic office software
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs