Robert Half International Software Architect in Iowa City, Iowa
Full-time / Remote opportunity with exceptions (must report a minimum of 2 times a year for 1 week periods). Lead software development efforts from a technology perspective to provide oversight to the technical and architectural design process. This includes being fully involved with all technical activities within the development team (software development life cycle activities, code reviews, research, etc.) and mentoring of developers. This is a full-time Direct Hire role only. Please apply now, call 319-362-8606, or message me on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/in/rht-shawn-m-troy/
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Collaborate with Technology Leadership, Product Management, and other architects to drive the evolution of our technical architectural strategy in alignment with the needs of the business and lead the establishment and governance of the architecture road map to support the strategy
• Lead, mentor, and facilitate the technical and architectural design review process associated with business projects spanning multiple systems, including an assessment of the alignment between architecture options and business value
• Review, assess and recommend technical and architectural designs for projects crossing multiple systems, including but not limited to providing assessment feedback to appropriate architects, development staff, project managers, product owners, executives, and stakeholders
• Collaborate with other software architects, Software Development Managers, and development staff on technical and architectural design requirements
• Partner with Configuration Management, the Development Support team, and Server Support to maintain alignment between the SDLC physical environments and evolving system architectures
• Actively participate in the ongoing process to maintain the software application current-state documentation and the periodic review and assessment of the architectural current state, providing an overall health score factoring in a formal risk analysis
• Maintain and enhance working knowledge of emerging technologies, advise other architects regarding their utility, assess the value of their integration with our business opportunities, lead the conception and execution of proof of concept exercises, and present recommendations to Technical Leadership, Product Management, and other architects
• Ability to lead staff, drive & influence results and process.
• Application integration.
• Skilled at assessing scope and technical requirements (“We Can Do That and this is how long it would take”, OR “We cannot do that for you and here is why; but we could do This!”)
• Experience with SQL or SSIS.
• PERMANENT Direct Hire Position
• No Third Party Inquiries Please
Please apply now, call 319-362-8606, or message me on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/in/rht-shawn-m-troy/
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with some of the best companies on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the technology jobs that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Robert Half Technology office at 888.490.4429 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/technology to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $125,000.00 - $130,000.00 / Yearly
Location: Iowa City, IA
Date Posted: September 25, 2020
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 01520-0011571419
Staffing Area: Technology u0026 IT
Robert Half International
- Robert Half International Jobs