Performance Food Group Field Service Technician in Iowa City, Iowa
Field Service Technician
Performance TPC Main Office (0755)
*EXCELLENT PAY AND BENEFITS INCLUDING USE OF COMPANY VAN! On the job training available.
Great food and great careers – this is what Performance Food Group brings to the table. PFG is one of the largest foodservice distributors in the nation, with more than 66,000 national and private label products that we market and distribute both nationally and in 40 foreign countries. If you’re ready to set your career in motion, it all starts now with a company that really delivers!
The Service Technician is responsible for refurbishing beverage and chemical equipment, installing dish machines and offering any required support needed for the Service Manager. This position will cover Central Iowa including the Des Moines region and surrounding area.
The Beverage and Chemical Equipment Service Technician will perform the following duties:
• Provide technical service to chemical and beverage systems provided to a broad base of customers.
• Perform repairs of customer's beverage and chemical systems within budgetary guidelines.
• Interact with customers and vendors in a friendly, timely and quality manner.
• Ensure customers' and vendors' questions are answered accurately and in a timely manner.
• Manage accounts in geographical area and provide assistance and training to such accounts.
• Maintain proper functioning of various beverage and chemical equipment.
• Install and tests various equipment.
• Assist customers and sales people determine best equipment or products for application.
• Provide face-to-face customer service in various situations.
• Drive a company provided vehicle to customer sites to assist in correcting problems.
• Prepare schedules for service or installation.
• Inform internal contacts on services provided.
• Maintain proper working order of tools and van.
• Complete written work documentation promptly.
• Train customers on proper usage and procedures pertaining to beverage and chemical equipment and products.
• Review safety procedures of chemicals and equipment with customers.
• Attend training, as required.
Address Line 1:
8001 51st Street West
Iowa City, Iowa (IA)
Full Time / Part Time:
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy (http://pfgc.com/Policy) ; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster (http://pfgc.com/Poster) and supplement (http://pfgc.com/Supplement) ; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement (http://pfgc.com/PayTransparency) .
• High School diploma or GED.
• Valid driver’s license and the ability to drive to customer locations.
• Able to maintain a high level of visual attention and mental concentration for significant periods of time.
• Able to use necessary office equipment, computer software, hardware and equipment.
• Able to perform the following physical activities:
• climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, lifting up to 50 pounds on occasion, grasping, feeling, talking, and repetitive motions.
• Hands-on electrical and plumbing repair experience.
• Beverage and/or chemical equipment repair experience.
• Customer service experience.
Performance Foodservice, PFG’s broadline distributor, maintains a unique relationship with a variety of local customers, including independent restaurants and hotels, healthcare facilities, schools, and quick-service eateries. A team of sales reps, chefs, consultants and other experts builds close relationships with each customer, providing advice on improving operations, menu development, product selection and operational strategies. The Performance Foodservice team delivers delicious food, but also goes above and beyond to help independent restaurant owners achieve their dreams.
Click Here for Benefits Information (https://pfgc.com/Careers.aspx#benefits)
Performance Food Group
- Performance Food Group Jobs