UnityPoint Health Rad Tech - Express Care Clinic (PT Weekends) in Hiawatha, Iowa
Radiological Technologist / Clinical Care Attendant
Express Care Clinic
Part-time, Every third weekend (Saturday & Sunday 8am-8pm)
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
· Perform quality control activities on radiation emitting equipment and darkroom equipment to ensure optimum image quality.
· Complete appropriate forms for recordkeeping and properly store films.
· Employ proper radiation protection in accordance with prescribed safety standards.
· Perform and/or assist with clinical procedures consistent with training and licensure under supervision of Provider in exam suite. Greet and welcome patients immediately upon arrival to the clinic. Escort patients back to exam suite. Complete patient registration and associated paperwork or assist in on-line registration as needed, based on patient need, ability and desire. Escort and perform patient check out upon completion of visit and assist patient with completion of patient satisfaction survey if needed at the time of check out.
· Assist in the delivery of primary health care services and patient care management by performing diagnostic imaging in an ambulatory setting.
· Obtain patients review of systems and history, measure vital signs, including but not limited to weight, blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and complete all necessary documentation in patient’s chart and consistent with clinical protocol.
· Offer patient convenience items (water, coffee, tea, warm blankets, etc.), to ensure patient is comfortable in exam suite and/or lobby.
· Follow symptom initiated protocols in place for clinic operation. Perform labs as ordered/instructed either by protocols or provider direction.
· If clinic offers Aidarex, offer this option to patients and perform administration of prescription as directed by provider.
· Review after visit summary and provide instructions to patient as instructed by Provider.
· Call all patients back 48-72 hours post clinic visit to perform mandatory follow up phone call.
· Consistent with UPC policy and as directed by Provider call patient with results reporting in a professional and courteous manner consistent with training and licensure.
· Keep exam rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies, maintain instruments, and sterilize as required.
· Take, relay, and process messages from patient, Provider, pharmacy consistent with training and licensure.
· Consistent with UPC policy maintain all logs and required checks (e.g., refrigerator temperatures, emergency medications, expired medications, oxygen, cold sterilization fluid change, etc.).
· Maintain UPC and department policies, procedures and objectives; performs functions other than described due to extenuating circumstances.
· May serve other departments as assigned.
· Be aware of what is happening in clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization’s intranet site.
· Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
· Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management guidelines.
· Maintain compliance with Personnel policies and procedures.
· Monitor environmental conditions in order to secure protected health information.
· Behave in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance and HIPAA policies and procedures.
· Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
· Perform all duties consistent with training and licensure.
· Perform other duties as requested by Clinic Manager to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Preferred or Specialized
· Graduate of an accredited program for Radiology Technology.
Two years’ experience in a Family Practice setting, Urgent Care, or related field preferred.
· ARRT certified.
· Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Current Iowa or Illinois RT permit.
· Knowledge of Urgent Care medical specialty.
· Knowledge of medical terminology.
· Knowledge of health system EMR.
· Requires clinical knowledge and analytical abilities necessary to plan and evaluate patient care.
· Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow.
· Creative thinking; analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities; self-direction, theoretical implementation, and evaluation.
· Strong interpersonal skills including exceptional customer service and phone etiquette.
· Ability to work as a team member.
· Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
· Strong computer skills.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to direct others and to exercise judgment in problem situations.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2020-79892
Street: 1940 Blairs Ferry Rd
Name: 9200 UnityPoint Clinic Affiliate
Name: Retail- Express Pecks Landing
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Part-time: Every third weekend (Sat & Sun 8am-8pm)
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org