Valero QA/QC Lab Technician part-time – Ethanol Plant in HARTLEY, Iowa
Implements the quality assurance (QA/QC) program for the ethanol plant to ensure maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the company.
This is a part-time position.
- Assists in implementing plant QA/QC program.
- Implements plant QA/QC program based on best practice in the ethanol industry by sampling various points in the process and conducting QA/QC tests.
- Monitors use and inventories of laboratory chemicals and supplies.
- Operates, maintains, and calibrates laboratory equipment.
- Reviews reports, analyzes data and makes recommendations for adjusting process conditions to ensure that QA/QC standards are met.
- Maintains safety, health and environmental policies and procedures.
- Ensures city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to the QA/QC laboratory are met at all times.
- Participates in the safety program for the QA/QC laboratory.
- Assists to coordinates activities with other departments.
- Communicates directly with production department to ensure effective participation by the process operators in the implementation of QA/QC policies and procedures.
- Implements programs and procedures required to ensure laboratory and plant cleanliness. This position is hourly nonexempt status, which means you are eligible for overtime pay.
* High school diploma or GED required.
* Bachelor's (or higher) degree in a related scientific or technical field preferred. * Minimum of one year experience in a laboratory setting required. * Experience with implementing effective QA/QC programs preferred. * Experience operating and troubleshooting automated laboratory equipment (such as HPLC or GC) preferred. * Experience with software programs such as Office, LIMS, SAP preferred. * Experience with the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) preferred.
About Valero Renewables – Hartley
Valero's Hartley ethanol plant is located near Hartley, Iowa, about 100 miles east and south of Sioux Falls, South Dakota. The bio-refinery sits on approximately 350 acres and started ethanol production in August 2008. The facility uses a dry-grind production method and state-of-the-art technology to maintain industry-leading standards in production, safety, product quality and environmental stewardship. The Hartley plant annually processes approximately 48 million bushels of corn into approximately 135 million gallons of denatured ethanol and 400,000 tons of distillers grains co-products. The bio-refinery employs approximately 65 full-time personnel.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Primary Location: US-IA-Hartley
Job Posting: Apr 22, 2021, 1:05:35 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 2100178
- Valero Jobs