Great Western Bank Junior Banker in Hamburg, Iowa
General Description and Essential Functions
Under general supervision, partner with business bankers and branch management to develop and maintain small to midsized commercial loan portfolios, with the goal of providing maximum profitability with minimum risk. May be part of discussions to communicate underwriting and credit decisions. Demonstrate an ability to properly document those decisions. Accountable for coordination of individual deposit development strategies that promote core deposit growth by attracting new business and building relationships with customers.
• Responsible for partnering with branch management to effectively manage a portfolio of business clients. Ability to identify loan, deposits and fee income.
• Ensure applicable lending policies and procedures are followed. Responsible for adherence to applicable compliance regulations.
• Develop small to midsized customer relationships to include all types of business banking and deposit products and services and maximize long-term customer satisfaction through aggressive cross-selling efforts to satisfy customers’ financial needs.
• May work with others to conduct interviews with customers to establish financial needs emphasizing financial counseling and lending, and processes requests or will make appropriate referrals.
• Within established guidelines, analyze credit and financial information for customers. Identify potential risks in portfolio credit quality and present to bank management to determine appropriate solutions and/or to properly monitor ongoing problem loans
• May assist with obtaining and providing all required documentation to customers as applicable to loan process.
• Responsible for new business development. Participate in sales and cross-selling full range of banking products and services to present and potential customers.
• Proactively market clients and prospects; represent Great Western Bank in the local banking and business communities; develop a network of referral sources. Demonstrates understanding of customer cash flows.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Agriculture, Finance or related area, or equivalent related experience required. Advanced Accounting course completion preferred.
• 0-2 years of commercial lending or related experience required. Experience with credit analysis preferred.
• Strong attention to detail with good communication, customer service, analytical, and sales skills.
• Working knowledge of all bank products and services.
• Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality required.
• Experience working with Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to complete credit analysis courses within the first three months of employment.
• Register and obtain a unique identifier number from the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System as a Mortgage Loan Originator.
• Respond to and resolve customer service requests according to Great Western policies in a prompt, efficient and courteous manner at all times.
• Develop and manage a commercial/ag portfolio of $0-5mm• Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Great Western Bank
- Great Western Bank Jobs