UnityPoint Health Ultrasound/Sonography Technologist--Grinnell in Grinnell, Iowa
Performs ultrasound studies, which include, but are not limited to, OB, breast, abdomen, pelvic and vascular studies. Maintains all ultrasound equipment and all aspects of Quality Control concerning ultrasound.
• Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
• Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
• Demonstrates the knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
• Communicates effectively with physicians, patients, families, nursing staff and other Health System personnel.
• 30 CMEs per 3 years to maintain certification plus any extra CMEs to maintain lab accreditation.
• Optional: Group member of Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography – must attain 10 CMEs/ year
• Must demonstrate the ability to promote a positive image of the department to the patients and families who use GRMC as a healthcare source.
• Performs ultrasound/vascular exams related to diagnostic procedures.
• Exerts independent judgment and is responsible for the ultrasonography quality in the performance of these exams.
• Demonstrates self-development by keeping abreast of current ultrasound/vascular trends.
• Maintains responsibility for ultrasound/vascular equipment, supplies and records.
• Participates in on-call duties as assigned.
• Must travel in less than desirable weather and road conditions to rural hospital location.
• This position may be assigned a specific mission to address in an emergency situation to assist in disaster response and recovery as part of the UPH-GRMC Hospital Emergency Incident Command System. Situations of a critical nature may require an individual to perform multiple tasks until additional support can be obtained.
• Performs functions other than described due to extenuating circumstances.
• RDMS Certified
• Minimum of two years of experience in ultrasound preferred
• Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or obtain certification within three (3) months from date of hire.
• Current Valid Driver’s License and car insurance may be required when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Requisition ID: 2021-87548
Street: 210 4th Ave
Name: 3220 UnityPoint Health Grinnell Regional Medical Center
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 1.0
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 8A - 4:30P M-F
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org