UnityPoint Health Quality Partner-Quality Improvement-Grinnell in Grinnell, Iowa
This position partners with physicians, leadership, and staff to evaluate the quality of clinical care and identify improvement opportunities. This position assists in the resolution of quality issues by facilitating root cause analysis and action planning to prevent reoccurrence of identified system issues. This position assists in the monitoring, measurement and analysis of quality indicators and other data to identify clinical risk management issues and initiates/facilitates changes to reduce institutional risk.
Clinical Care Evaluation
• Provides QI and consultative services to hospital and medical staff in effectively achieving regulatory accreditation and organizational compliance for QI activities.
• Organizes, compiles, and reports QI data for both the hospital and medical staff departments to identify trends, establish priorities, and recommend improvement activities.
• Facilitates and assists in implementing evidence-based practice strategies to improve outcomes. Assists in the achievement of quality improvement objectives and takes necessary modifications for attainment of goals.
• Analyze, report, and review MIPS data and recommended improvement activities.
• Serve as a member of the Quality Committee, Safety Committee, and Quality Board Committee.
• Coordinates medical provider and nursing staff peer review processes.
• Supports clinical leadership review of cases and processes for patient outcome and safety concerns.
Clinical Risk Management
• Coordinates root cause analysis and action plan tracking for sentinel events and major quality concerns as needed.
• Acts as the local administrator for the occurrence reporting system; troubleshooting, acting as the liaison with corporate system administrators, granting local security and report writing.
Required: Bachelor’s degree • 2 years work experience in healthcare • Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Preferred: Master’s in related field • Background in Quality Improvement, Adaptive Design, Lean, or Six Stigma • Certification in Healthcare Quality or Healthcare Risk Management
Requisition ID: 2021-91549
Street: 210 4th Ave
Name: 3220 UnityPoint Health Grinnell Regional Medical Center
Name: Case Management
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 1.0
FLSA Status: Exempt
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org