UnityPoint Health Clinical Assistant II-Grinnell Reg Family Practice-Grinnell in Grinnell, Iowa
Assist provider and other clinical staff with obtaining basic vital information preparing patient for examination, treatment and minor surgical procedures. Responsible for tracking system for follow-appointments related to office visits, laboratory tests and procedures to regularly follow patients monitoring disease status. Schedule referrals for patients with specialist or outpatient as requested by provider. Complete appropriate forms or requisitions needed for referrals or lab testing, including prior authorizations. Answer questions and provide teaching to patients and family members.
• Assist provider and other clinical staff with obtaining basic vital information preparing patient for examination, treatment and minor surgical procedures.
• Demonstrates competence in the clinical skills necessary to carry out assigned job duties.
• May be required to draw and collect blood and other samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
• Perform EKGs.
• Apply Nursing Process (assessment, diagnosis, planning, intervention and evaluation within licensure guidelines).
• Administer vaccines and ordered medications by oral, IM, SQ or ID routes.
• Telephone triage by providing and documenting advice for home care of illness/conditions; conducting follow-up phone calls regarding patient’s health and progress as necessary.
• Schedule referrals for patients with specialist or outpatient as requested by the provider. Complete appropriate forms or requisitions needed for referrals or lab testing; including prior authorizations.
• Understand inpatient and outpatient specialty procedures. Responsible for compliance with precertification requirements.
• Responsible for tracking system for follow-up appointments related to office visits, laboratory tests and procedures to regularly follow patients monitoring of disease status.
• Provide appropriate and timely documentation in the patient’s electronic health record using standardized workflows and processes.
• Assists leadership with quality and other clinic initiatives as needed.
• Keeps log on sample drugs, MSDS sheets, assists with safety surveys, tracks out-dates, AED log, and monitors refrigeration for immunizations.
• Be aware of what is happening in clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization’s intranet site.
• Demonstrate initiative to improve responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
• Perform other duties as requested by clinic leadership to facilitate the smooth and efficient operations of the office.
• Graduated from an accredited program for Medical Assistants.
• Computer data entry experience.
• Lab skills preferred; will train.
• Previous clinical experience in a medical office preferred.
• Current medical assistant certificate.
• Current BLS (CPR) and Mandatory Reporter certificate within first 90 days.
• Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Requisition ID: 2020-82815
Street: 202 4th Ave
Name: 3220 UnityPoint Health Grinnell Regional Medical Center
Name: Grinnell Reg Family Practice
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 1.0
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: M-F / Days
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org