Air National Guard Units (Title 32/Title 5) LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST - TITLE 32 in Garden City, Iowa
This National Guard position is for a LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST - TITLE 32, Position Description Number D1377000 and is part of the GA 165 MXO FT, National Guard.
This is a full-time, Excepted Indefinite, dual status position which requires Georgia Air National Guard Membership. Position is Indefinite however, may convert to permanent without further competition.
Area of consideration: Current members of the 165th Air Wing in the grade of A1C-MSGT.
Learn more about this agency
As a GS-0346-09, Logistics Management Specialist, you will:
- Review all mobility, contingency, Emergency War and exercise plans affecting logistics and evaluates requirements in relation to capabilities and tasking. Performs studies, provides analyses, and makes recommendations.
- Review the logistics division portion of classified plans for full compliance with security regulations and policies to ensure that security compromise does not exists.
- Write and edit local instructions concerning the position's area of responsibility.
- Develop and maintains the logistics portion of base mobility plans and other plans and submits plans to base logistics specialist.
- Meet with the logistics chief, staff members, and supervisors to inform of requirements, tasks and changes as they occur, and advises personnel of their responsibilities.
- Control and monitor the development, negotiation and coordination of host-tenant and interservice support agreements. Controls and monitors all mobility training to ensure that tasked personnel receive appropriate training such as load planning, palletizing, cargo courier responsibilities, hazardous cargo preparation, etc. Recommends personnel for assignment to mobility positions. Serve with the logistics chief, or as an official representative or as a member of a planning committee, with mobility, contingency, military exercises and various other plans.
- Formulate the annual logistics operating budget and DLR O&M; budget for the logistics division for inclusion in the base financial plan.
- Issue guidance to, and coordinates with logistics production chiefs in the development of quarterly and annual logistics operating budgets and DLR O&M; budget estimates.
- Review, edit, and consolidate the logistics operating budget and DLR O&M; budget estimates for the logistics organization.
- Prepare or edit narrative justifications for projected funding needs to the Comptroller Division.
- Plan and anticipate allotment of logistics operating funds and DLR O&M; funds for the logistics organization.
- Analyze budgetary relationships and develops recommendations for budgetary actions for logistics programs and specific functions.
- Evaluate trends and operating costs which are used to project future commitments and obligations.
- Monitor the use and rate of expenditures of logistics operating and DLR O&M; funds through continuing dialogue with logistics production chiefs and review of written documents and records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
0346 Logistics Management
- Logistics Specialists
Conditions of Employment
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
- This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard, required prior to the effective date of placement.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
Military Grades: A1C-MSGT
Compatible Military Assignments: 8UXXX
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience, education or training involving judgment and/or analytical ability in the logistics field. Experience using computer and automation systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:Must have at least 24 months experience, education, or training involving detailed knowledge of organizations and their functions in logistical support (i.e., supply, maintenance, quality assurance, facilities). Experience integrating actions of a variety of specialized support activities in order to meet program goals. Experience interpreting and applying regulations, laws or practices. Experience planning and organizing work assignments.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Knowledge of logistics management principles, organizational theory, and techniques of analysis and evaluation.
- Knowledge of standardized logistics practices and procedures to conduct studies to identify, analyze, and recommend solutions to problems in structure, staffing, procedures, work processes or workload distribution.
- Knowledge of logistics regulations and operating procedures to apply fact-finding and investigative techniques (e.g., employee/ supervisor interviews, review of work procedures, instructions, records, and files) to gather clear-cut factual evidence of waste and abuse, or compliance with regulations.
- Detailed and practical knowledge of the goals, objectives, work force composition, work methods and functions of base logistics programs service sufficient to determine whether requests for funds and expenditures are proper, necessary, and timely.
- Detailed, intensive knowledge of budgetary policies, precedents, procedures and regulations issued by the Air Force, National Guard Bureau and the employing installation which apply to all phases of the budget process (i.e., formulation, justification, and execution) for the logistics operating budget and DLR O&M; budget program and activities.
- Knowledge of, and skill in applying, the principles of budget formulation to renew, edit, and consolidate budget estimates from logistics production branches and to adjust data in related forms and schedules.
- Skill in analytical reasoning to identify, analyze, and conceptualize budget problems and development of alternative solutions involving DLR parts repair in-shop versus depot level of delayed
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.) of employment and duties performed.
Other supporting documents: RIP.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10305833
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documentsto be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
GA 165 MXO FT 1401 Robert B Miller Jr Drive Garden City, GA 31408-9001 US
Learn more about this agency
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/510417700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 09/13/2018 to 09/27/2018
Pay scale & grade: GS 9
Salary: $50,598 to $65,778 per year
Appointment type: Term - Indefinite
Work schedule: Full-Time