Cargill Site Process Engineer in Fort Dodge, Iowa
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Site process Engineer applies engineering techniques and process safety tools to assist in the improvement of manufacturing processes and products. In this role, you will provide process safety support, continuous improvement, and project management skills in a plant support capacity that ensures safe, efficient, and low-cost plant operations.
• Provide leadership in the application of the Process Safety Risk Management (PSRM) program, including assembly of Process Safety Information, leading Process Risk Assessments, identification of mitigating actions to close gaps identified in Risk Assessments, and providing technical leadership to the closure of gaps.
• Review and recommend manufacturing equipment and processes designed to be efficient, cost-effective, and to promote process safety.
• Assesses current manufacturing equipment and processes and execute on initial stage capital project improvements.
• Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
• Other duties as assigned
The business will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of two years of related work experience
• Possesses working knowledge of engineering subject matter.
• Lean Certification.
• Six Sigma Green Belt Certification.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong data analysis capabilities including continuous improvement experience or certifications.
• Understanding of PI (data historian).
• Project engineering or Process Safety Management (PSM) experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: Cargill, Inc. and subsidiaries (“Cargill”) have an internal recruiting department. Please review this notice.
US Employment Resources: Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Cargill Jobs