UnityPoint Health Medical Lab Tech (MLT/MT/MLS) - **$2,000 SIGN-ON BONUS** in Fort Dodge, Iowa
Medical Laboratory Technician
(3) 12hr day shifts
$2,000 SIGN-ON BONUS
Full Time Benefits
Perform all aspects of patient care in a laboratory environment that optimizes patient safety. Demonstrate ability to function in all areas of the clinical laboratory including blood bank, chemistry, hematology, microbiology, urinalysis, phlebotomy and specimen processing.
% of Time
· Performs diagnostic testing procedures for use in patient management and treatment.
· Provides quality Laboratory services to the Hospital in all aspects of testperformance, which includes the pre-analytic, analytic and post-analytic phases of testing.
· Demonstrates the knowledge and skills to provide Laboratory services appropriate for neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
· Performs high complexity testing.
· Operate, calibrate and maintain equipment used in quantitative and qualitative analysis.
· Establish and monitor quality assurance programs and activities to ensure the accuracy of laboratory results.
· Provide technical information about tests to providers, patients and family members.
· Extremely high degree of accuracy and responsibility required in the performance of this job.
· Performs phlebotomy services as assigned.
· Identify patient and label all specimens with correct information
· Respond appropriately to all requests of STAT, call results, patient waiting or timed specimens
· Performs venous and capillary blood collection procedures on inpatients, outpatients and nursing home patients.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, OSHA, CAP and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
An Associate Degree in a Chemical, Physical, Biological, Clinical Laboratory Science or Medical Laboratory Technology.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Complete Laboratory Board of Certification through an
approved agency such as American Society of Clinical Pathologists within one year of hire.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Possess the skills required for proper specimen collection, including patient identification and preparation, labeling, handling, preservation or fixation, processing or implementing all standard Laboratory procedures; performing each test method and for proper instrument use; performing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and calibration procedures related to each performed test; implementing the quality control policies and procedures of the Laboratory; assessing and verifying the validity of patient test results through the evaluation of quality control samples prior to reporting patient test results; a working knowledge of reagent stability and storage; factors that influence results, e.g., interfering substances; effective written and oral communication skills. Must have excellent organizational and time management skills.
Other:Modern Laboratory Supplies and Equipment
Use gloves, protective gown, masks, and goggles.
Requisition ID: 2020-83479
Street: 802 Kenyon Rd
Name: 7020 UnityPoint Health Trinity Regional Medical Ctr
Name: General Laboratory
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.9
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org