UnityPoint Health Home Care/Hospice Aide in Fort Dodge, Iowa
UnityPoint At Home
Home Care/Hospice Aide
Monday-Friday 8a-430p, Every 8th Weekend Morning
Full Time Benefits
Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k) Match, Disability Coverage, Paid Time Off/Holidays, Critical Care Coverage, Parental Leave, Annual Pay Raise and more!!
The home care aide delivers high quality, direct patient care in the home environment to home care patients to assist the interdisciplinary team in achieving patient outcomes and providing an exceptional patient experience.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). o not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
Patient Care/Care Coordination
· Provides services that are ordered by a physician, included in the plan of care, permitted to be performed by home care aides within state laws and consistent with the home health aide training.
· The duties of the home health aide include, but are not limited to:
o Provision of hands-on care (bathing, dressing, oral hygiene, skin care, range of motion) as assigned within the patient’s plan of care.
o The performance of simple procedures as an extension of therapy or nursing services
o Assistance in ambulation or exercises
o Assistance in administering medications ordinarily self-administered.
· Ensures quality and safe delivery of services to patients according to individualized care plan under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
· Uses equipment and supplies safety, effectively and efficiently.
· Completes documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
· Observes, records and reports patient changes to the RN.
· Communicates with RN and other professional disciplines to ensure coordinated care.
· Notifies case manager of any changes to patient’s home environment/living conditions.
· Creates successful interpersonal relationships with patients and family members while maintaining personal and professional boundaries.
Home Care Performance Criteria
· Delivers quality care and completes clear, concise and accurate clinical documentation of care provision in accordance with home health conditions of participation (CoPs), various payer home health coverage criteria, accreditation standards, professional standards for discipline/credential and the home health plan of care.
· Uses appropriate infection control procedures and safety measure to protect employees and patients.
· Participates in case conferences, in-service programs and other meetings required to ensure coordinated and comprehensive care.
· Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
· Participates in quality assurance/performance improvement (QAPI) activities, as assigned.
· Communicates professionally, effectively and timely to all team members and co-workers and responds to all communication in a timely manner including, but not limited to e-mails, phone communication and meeting follow-up responsibilities.
· Establishes and maintains positive interpersonal relationships with team members, patients and family members while maintain personal and professional boundaries.
· Maintains productivity standards as defined by home care supervisor.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
High School diploma or GED
Completion of a nursing assistant program with a minimum of 75 hours with no continuous period of 24 months without compensation for home care aide/CNA work since completion.
Valid certification, if required by state(s) where employed and providing care.
One year of experience working with older adults in a health care setting
3-5 years of experience working with older adults in a health care setting
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons
Valid Mandatory Reporter course completion by state(s) requirement
Valid, licensed driver, with automobile insurance in accordance with state and/or organizational requirements
Proficiency with computer applications
Documentation with an electronic health record
Strong interpersonal skills
Ability to work as a collaborative team member across service lines
Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
Maintains a reliable mode of transportation and has the ability to drive safely during all day and night hours and in all types of inclement weather
Other: Continuing Education Requirements
A minimum of 12-hours of age-specific in-service training under the supervision of a RN annually. Content must include:
Emergency Preparedness Plan
How to handle patient and caregiver complaints/grievances
OSHA, workplace and patient safety
Patient rights and responsibilities
Mandatory Reporter Education (per state regulation)
Requisition ID: 2021-89637
Street: 802 Kenyon Rd
Name: 9400 UnityPoint at Home Affiliate
Name: SN Visits- HC- FD
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 8-4:30 Mon-Fri every 8th weekend morning
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org