UnityPoint Health Clinic Operations Lead I-Berryhill in Fort Dodge, Iowa
UnityPoint Health-Fort Dodge
Clinic Operations Lead I
Full Time Benefits
Assist the Clinic Supervisor/Clinic Administrator/Senior Clinic Administrator with overseeing the day-to-day management of the patient care team in providing quality and cost effective patient care. This position also spends 50% of the time working in direct patient care.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
Clinical Excellence/Staff Development
· Coordinate clinic operations, establishment of work schedules, review of staffing needs and the supervision and training of staff in good patient relations and office policies and procedures as directed by the Clinic Administrator.
· Establish effective mechanisms of communication with clinic staff, providers, patients and clinic manager to foster an environment of openness, trust, teamwork and staff development.
· Assist the Clinic Administrator with interviewing and hiring including completing employment forms in an accurate and timely manner and coordinating orientation and training programs for new staff members.
· Assist the Clinic Administrator with evaluating the performance and training needs of the clinic staff.
· Assist the Clinic Administrator with day-to-day financial operations of the clinic such as ordering of supplies, preparing invoices for payment and ensuring patient payments are posted and deposited appropriately.
· Establish a mechanism to track physicians, providers and staff completion of mandatory licensure and training requirements.
· Schedule and complete follow-up for monthly staff meetings.
· Timely and accurate preparation and submission of biweekly payroll reports under direction of the clinic administrator.
· Be aware of what is happening in clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization’s intranet site.
· Monitor environmental conditions in order to secure protected health information.
· Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
· Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
· Perform other duties as requested by the Clinic Administrator to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.
· Performs front office/ business office duties as directed by the Supervisor, or Clinic Administrator.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Previous experience with planning, organizing, delegating and supervising preferred.
· Knowledge and experience with process improvement preferred.
· Two years or more in working position.
Preference of billing background
· Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to take initiative and exercise independent judgment, decision-making and problem solving expertise.
· Knowledge of personnel administration and patient relation principles.
· Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
· Multicultural sensitivity.
· Microsoft Office – basic computer skills.
· Customer/patient focused.
· Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2020-78982
Street: 802 Kenyon Rd
Name: 7020 UnityPoint Health Trinity Regional Medical Ctr
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Monday-Friday 730am-4pm
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org