Danaher Corporation Technician I, Quality in Eldridge, Iowa
Danaher Company Description
ChemTreat operates as a subsidiary of Danaher Corporation, one of the best performing Fortune 500 companies. Our proprietary solutions allow our customers to reduce water, chemical, and energy costs, extend asset life, improve process operations, and reduce downtime. We have expertise in a variety of industries, including automotive, beverage, chemical, food, fuel processing, metals, mining, power, pulp and paper, and textile. We also serve commercial and institutional customers, including data centers, district energy providers, universities, government buildings, and hospitals. Our company has developed a robust product portfolio for the prevention of corrosion; scale and biofouling in critical heat transfer systems and advanced polymers for industrial wastewater.
AT WILL STATEMENT
Employment with ChemTreat is on an at-will basis, which means that either the employee or ChemTreat can terminate the employment relationship at any time and for any reason (or no reason), with or without notice, unless the employee and ChemTreat have entered a written agreement signed by the employee and a duly authorized representative of ChemTreat.
ChemTreat, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any characteristic protected by law.
External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check and possible credit history review. Hire must be medically cleared (pulmonary function testing) for a respirator.
OUR SHARED PURPOSE: BUILDING LASTING BONDS
The communities we belong to – the bonds we build with the people we care about – are integral to fostering our successes. From the bonds we create with customers to foster loyalty and respect, to the bonds we create with our local community outside of work hours – relationships shape our success. We’re building a better world by building lasting bonds.
Building: We’re doers. Our tools are innovation, experience, and dedication.
Lasting: We’re always there. We embrace an unwavering commitment to the future.
Bonds: We’re your neighbors. We value relationships with our customers and communities.
The Technician I, Quality, performs analytical testing of materials to determine quality acceptance as per the QC manual and the direction of management. This position also manages the maintenance of equipment and records as per the QC manual and the direction of management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides support for the maintenance, calibration, standardization, and inventory of chemicals and analytical laboratory equipment as directed by the QC manual.
- Use proper handling techniques when sampling and analyzing bulk raw materials, packaged raw materials, and finished product testing. Provide support for inspection, disposition, and documentation as directed by the QC manual.
- Ensure proper notification, evaluation and documentation of Non-conforming material.
- Generates Certificates of Analysis for the Iowa Plant and drop-ship material.
- Tests and adjusts the rinse water
- Supports data entry functions.
- Filing and resolving vendor discrepancies and documenting all activity
Testing, recording, and notification of return material.
Maintains QC adjustment, NCM, and sample count monthly logs.
- Review and write up of truck paperwork.
- Testing and disposition of rinse and storm water.
- Responsible for sample retain and disposal.
- Comply with chemical hygiene and plant safety plans.
- Secondary back-up for other technicians.
Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Technical, Analytical skills and business knowledge.
- Communication and Interpersonal skills; Teamwork and leadership.
- Organizational skills; Self-management.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a science discipline preferred.
- Experience with laboratory techniques and equipment preferred.
Strong knowledge of computers.
Constantly required to sit and occasionally required to walk, stand, climb (includes stairs), balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, hear, and smell
- Constantly using hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, and computer keyboards.
- Routinely required to reach with hands and arms, squat, turn/twist, or reach, lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- The Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENVIRONMENT
Consists of an indoor laboratory environment with good ventilation, adequate lighting, and moderate noise levels.
- Use of hazardous chemicals is routine.
- Contact lenses may not be allowed in some areas.
- Routine use of PPE may be required throughout the facility.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Quality and Regulatory Affairs
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-IA-Eldridge
Req ID: CHE001773