Cargill Automation and Instrumentation Engineer in Eddyville, Iowa
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Automation and Instrumentation Engineer will apply technical knowledge to design, develop and maintain overall governance on standards, application, gaps, solutions and measurements to increase production quality, efficiency and volume for the business. In this role, you will perform day to day activities related to instrumentation and automation engineering to enable projects and improve our capabilities by providing engineering support for the organization.
• Apply general knowledge of principles, terms, and practices of instrumentation and automation engineering to support the design and build of safe and reliable operations.
• Coordinate and provide direct support and delivery of services for operations and maintenance work.
• Execute and support instrumentation and automation engineering standards and deliverables in capital projects and maintenance work.
• Monitor and support progress for capital projects and maintenance work with low to medium levels of complexity and ensure appropriate resource allocations and portfolio prioritization.
• Implement, monitor and track audit control mechanisms within area of scope to track performance and provide actionable solutions that contribute to improvements.
• Support more senior team members to assess instrumentation and automation engineering development and application opportunities and further dissemination across common practice areas.
• Support, analyze and develop conclusions regarding areas of improvement and identify opportunities to improve performance and determine acceptable risk tolerance.
• Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
• Work with local teams to provide programming and configuration expertise to support site projects and optimize existing code.
• Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
Minimum of two years of related work experience
Understanding of control modules, configuration libraries, sequence control, forced setpoints, interlocks, permissives and equipment modules implementation.
Intermediate project management skills
Strong technical and mathematical skills
Demonstrated working knowledge of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques
Knowledge of reliability centered maintenance, planning and scheduling.
Ability to configure and program a variety of control systems including Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), and Human Machine Interface (HMI) systems.
Understanding of continuous and batch process control strategies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: Cargill, Inc. and subsidiaries (“Cargill”) have an internal recruiting department. Please review this notice.
US Employment Resources: Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Cargill Jobs